This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

armedunity.com uses cookies to improve user experience.

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer.

coletrain

Need help with understanding photon??

Question

Hey there, so i'm getting ready to add multiplayer to my game and am finally going to ask a question that has been confusing me for a while...

How exactly does Photon work? I know, I know, this is one of the stupidest questions you've probably heard on this forum but I'm still confused;

I know that photon is to help add multiplayer to your game but how does it work? Does it set up the multiplayer for me? Do I need to set up the servers themselves? I know I could just watch the tutorials but i'd figure I'd just ask the question so I could get a quick answer.

So what exactly does it do? When I add it is the multiplayer all ready? I'm just confused on how i'll be setting it up. Thanks.

1 answer to this question

How Photon works is explained practically on the first page. You should read their documentation first before asking questions on a forum - it's faster that way ;)