This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

armedunity.com uses cookies to improve user experience.

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer.

MyIsaak

ALL HACKERS COME NOW!!!

Question

I've been working on a hashing method that is virtually unhackable to an average hacker. I've been to hacking conventions and seen many things, some scare me. A hacker at one of the conventions showed me how he deciphered a hash in 10 mins using a very new method. While I laughed in the beginning, the more I watched this guy the less secure I felt. I'm not allowed to tell how he did this, neither do I even have the knowledge to share what he did, but after we talked for a while.

He told me that common hashing algorithms like MD5 and SHA1 are corrupt and easily deciphered. Even SHA2 have their weaknesses. He told me adding salts to the hash increase the difficulty by a lot but even salts can be predicted.

So I came up with an idea of making a password/string hash converter that uses all the best algorithms and randomized salt methods but can withstand the normal speed for an average pc. So I need advice from people on the best methods.

Edited by MyIsaak
  • Like 1

13 answers to this question

Impressive. Each method to secure a file or an information doesn't allow the guarantee to secure something. All is a question of time. I don't know how many time I have read this assurance "all is secure and forever" and each time, it's a big desilusion. In past, I worked with Hakin9 to write some articles about virus, exploits and shellcodes. I have coded some BackDoors, rootkits (I love it) and many many many ASM shellcodes - a real pleasure, but now I am an adult and I am afraid about jail :)

This convention was in Luxembourg?

I know a guy which has been able to open luxury cars with a laptop in Boulevard Royal - Bluetooth failure. Luxembourg is a real place for 1337 hackers - white and black hat...

I don't know anything about hacking ;) ;) just think of data like this: if you can read something, anyone can read. You can never 100% secure something, that's just unrealistic. The faster it sinks in, the faster you can create something that's more secure than other solutions. With that being said, you only want to stall them or make it so difficult that they just give up.

In the premium section I posted a sample of a brand format for models called .AUM (Armed Unity Model) format. The code is by far not secure... Yet. After alpha, I will start on the beta and release it for testing and so on. The final result is this: each model will be encrypted, obviously, but the trick is, even if you have the decoder you still have to have the seed in which it was encrypted. Each encryption uses a seed in which it masks the data. If you have 10 models with 10 different seeds, everyone one of them will require a different algorithm, this resulting in most people giving up after the first or second model

All your base is belong to us ;)

Please login or register to see this quote. BMW and Audi cars are very vulnerable to this Bluetooth failure making it possible to steal a car in a minute.

Yes, and the first guy which has been able to do that works in Luxembourg as security consultant. At this time (2006/2007) it was a real challenge ++

Im using something called a SlowEquals method that compares two byte arrays in length-constant time. This comparison method is used so that password hashes cannot be extracted from on-line systems using a timing attack and then attacked off-line.

Please login or register to see this quote.

You have created an Original File Type For Armed Unity and Am Gonna Make Original 3D Model Creator+Viewer :P

It Will Be Shared Tho !

@Fr33KE I don't think you read it all. It uses a seed. Even if you have the decrypter, understand how it's written or even the person who wrote the code (myself), you cannot immediately have access to the model without the seed. The seed splits up all code and arranges it differently. Ontop of that, the seed changes it's characters. One vector3 could be split up up several different lines and a character may = d with one seed, or may = 7 with another.

There's hundreds of thousands of combinations and algorithm positibilities to crack each model. And like I said, it's still possible to extract the right information if you have the right knowledge, but even then would be a nightmare to crack multiple models. So the average person would give up very quickly. So it yes, it will be shared with premium members.

2 Months ago i was thinking of making a new encryption algorithm which would utilize somethings that only I would know. Like personal information etc. This would probably take years to complete as I would first need to collect data from my own life... Anyway you just reminded me my goal for the next years. If i ever make it i will share a small part of it here to see its lvl of difficulty... :d