This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

armedunity.com uses cookies to improve user experience.

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer.

OneManArmy

FPS Game Modes

I started to think about game modes and seems that from all game modes where you dont have two teams exist only simple DM, or together with Gun Game.
Does anyone knows other modes where you dont need 2 teams?

Please login or register to see this quote.

Free for all with no classes. There are weapon drops where you can go and then get a gun (without reserve ammo). The first to reach 30 kills wins.

Don't know how it's called, but one guy is (randomly) marked and all other players need to hunt him down. The marked one has stronger weapons and more health. If someone killed the marked one, he get's all the points and becomes the new marked one.

Edited by BramScrum
  • Like 1

How exactly he is marked? Other players can see him in minimap, or something on screen shows his position? Maybe you can tell game where i can check this mode?

P.S. Seems that all interesting game modes are only for 2(or even more) teams. At least all modes which i play has 2 teams :)

Please login or register to see this quote. No idea in wich game I saw this mode, maybe I made it from my own imagination. Anyway, the player get's highligted on the map or a marker above his head. Or give him some fancy pink fluo clothing ;)

Another gamemode could be something like this:

All players need to abandon the (sinking/exploding) ship/building in time, they can kill otherplayer to go through small gaps or jumps or they can plant explosives to give themselves some more time to reach the finish without being catched up. A bit more like a racing game but than with humans and guns.

And I agree, I also like to play team based game modes instead of FFA or something.

Edited by BramScrum

There's one in the chamber, free for all, gun game, the gun game in cod4 (weapons laying around in the map), free for all capture the flag, etc... You can always mix game modes as well

Isn't "capture the flag" mode for 2 teams? I think last time i played this mode in unreal tournament. When you must steal flag from other team and bring to your base?
* For gun game i don't have enough weapons (actually my favorite game mode).
* Free for all i think is the same DM (my current game mode).

what about a free for all mode. but the last man standing win(can use that too) Players can use parkour, stairs and everything possible to reach in top of the building, and who goes there have to capture the flag. it need 2 minutes (you can select any time you want) who get the flag. have the hard work to get it down. maybe by jumping with parachute or from where he come.

but its not so easy. all have weapons and they can kill you.  

for the marked one, its called one man army..... not oma, i mean the gamemode.... 1 man army...

for gamemode, i have lots....

1manarmy

capture the flag....

gun game...

team fps game...

survival...

deathmach

team deathmatch

robot?

Combat Cargo ?

You have 4 Teams:  1st{Ground Spec Ops,Air Spec Ops} 2nd{Ground Terrorists,Air Terrorists} and  they fight Spec Ops VS Terrorists 4 teams 2 groups 2 teams for Spec Ops 2 teams for Terrorists ?

A 1-1 mosh pit would be cool, with modes like headhunter (from halo 3) and 1 flag capture the flag but instead of having them as small individual modes, all in one 'playlist' :)

This game mode reminds me of Assasins creed gamemode when for you they mark specific person to kill and you must hunt him down in people crowd  

Here's an idea, Protection, you are teams of 2, there in a common safe house you have to get to, one person has weapons and other is unarmed, the aim is that you have to get to the safe house without the other teams killing your unarmed guy being killed, at the end the total points of 100 (or what ever) are then shared between the people in the safe house, so the less people the more points you get at the end of each round. then ofc you swap around each round and the protector becomes the unarmed guy ect.

i think yes he meaned that game mode idk.

I think i just made one up.It might sound stupid or already used.
There are 4 squads with 4 people in squad the main objective is that your squad need to collect 5 objects and place some where other squads can stole those objects that your squad is collected and placed in their place 1 man can hold 1 object.Squad with all collected objects wins if time runs out wins squad with most remaining objects wins.

Edited by thenext2

Head hunter one man is randomly chosen to be a target.the target gets a machine gun and the rest of the players get a pistol.if a player kills the target the player gets a better gun.soon after a another player is randomly chosen and the process repeats