This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

armedunity.com uses cookies to improve user experience.

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer.

Eskovas Le Pro

Sinestatic Operating System in Visual Basic :D

I used to make applications using Visual Basic ... but now i stopped because i found visual c# much more efficient. However it's very similar...

(Cosmos supports c# too)

Thanks i may start creating an OS for learning proposes when i find some time so i will surely ask you things. :d

Please login or register to see this quote.

I was actually planning to try one to learn over my summer holiday too using Cosmos

UPDATE !!! 

-After a little bit while here is new update:

Loading Menu:

-new transparent UI look fixed graphics bug

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

The emoticon to the left of the power button, on the top right. It looks more like a sad face than a sleepy face.

Maybe do something like this?

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

Also, there are two power buttons?

Edited by multicody10

Lol yeah I need to redesign that menu btw last icon is button icon witch activates firs left power button that shuts pc  down,next restart icon and the last sleep icon :)

:d The whole UI is going to be a way better than that just wait and you shall see the magic :)

This thing is awesome! The big rectangles with icons on the desktop take too much space, the internet thing can be put in the upper taskbar and the "Administrator" should be smaller

yeah yeah but look at the fact that I have 1366x768 screen :(  :-SS that is way it takes too much of the space see u later

If link does not work for you then just left click:

Please login or register to see this link.

Edited by Eskovas Le Pro

I fail to understand still, why you're creating an operating system with such a mediocre language. Visual Basic? Really? Why not something... let's say... more sophisticated?

You're doing a great job but let's be honest. No one is going to want to use this.

What I'm trying to say is I would respect you more and this project completely if you were using C++ or some C variant language.

Fine fine fine I know but Visual Basic is just for GUI Debugging to show you how does it look and I am going to code this in C#,Cosmos,NASM,Assembly.

As nice as this is, really it's quite nice. I do think you should convert to C#. It looks a bit like Microsoft is moving away from VB and putting some more development on the .NET framework and C#.

Dude Please login or register to see this link. :

You being doing good job. Well done. He is trying to do something by his own. Guys give some courage. Go ahead.. Have fun with it. All the best to you for your completed project.  :-b  :-W 

I really like your work, really nice and stylish and seems to work well.

But although this can be made bootable, visual basic is created and maintained by microsoft and requires the Microsoft Restrictable files to be able to run, so even if it was made bootable it would be running off the Microsoft Files in the background which will mean that it can never perform up to the same standard of a Windows OS. OSs must be broken down into system code to run, and what this will be doing in having to be processed multiple time to get down to SC.
This is the same for C# (also created by microsoft) and will require the Microsoft Rescritable C# Files to run, so from it's core this can't be classed as an operating system, but can be classed as a Windows customizing option that look really nice, I for one would give it a go. But i'm afraid you can't make a fully functional OS without knowing System Code and how to use base Command Line coding.

But keep it up and this could be a great addition to windows machines!

Please reread my comment, the cosmos kernel is now a OS is a traditional sense, it converts code into IL then from IL to System code, this will still require the C# restrictable files for it to be compiled, is means that it is being compiled 3 time during uses compared to the traditional way of doing it where it compiles once, no OS made with the Cosmos Kit will be as efficient as doing it the traditional and correct way!

I would consider reading up on some things before making such a blunt comment.

To put it in short, no OS made with Kernel will ever dream of catching up with any of the main brand OS's.

On the other hand using this as a form is virtual personalization change with windows would make it a lot more usable and would end up as a better product, although it would still decrease performance on a machine like any program running, but optimized well it shouldn't be a noticeable difference.

C++ is usually used to first start making a OS due to it being a managed language, meaning you can change the memory settings, unmanaged languages such as C# and VB require more processing on the garbage dumping than C++ being converted to SC.