This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

armedunity.com uses cookies to improve user experience.

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer.

Beanster

First painting with graphics tablet (helmet)

So got a graphics tablet (yummy), starting to use it and see what I can do with it.

Believe me very different to paper and pencil, everything feels less coordinated, lol.

Gotta learn that muscle memory and shading :d.

So used to just pen and paper when I generally never shade my work, but now I got 16 million colours to work with :S

DERP DERP DERP DERP DERP

rTeiAOI.png

• Like 2

Please login or register to see this quote.

its a helmet, you put it on your head, like a hat

I think you should also look into good brushes to use. Because from what I can see you've only used 2 to 3 brushes. Also mess with the layer mode. Its default is set to normal, but you can get pretty realistic shading if you use multiply, and you can achieve different effects with other modes. Your picture looks great, and I can see a lot of potential in your art skills since you correctly applied the shading in the correct places, but as you've mentioned yourself that you have millions of colours to work with... Get the right colour pallet. As a result, nice first painting :)

Thx, the biggest problem I have is the hand eye coordination.

I feel like i'm a potato trying to draw.

I only used 1 brush in this since I didnt want to over complicate things, I have a few custom brushes when I do my 3d work (I also use my tablet for that which actually really helpful when creating textures)