This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

armedunity.com uses cookies to improve user experience.

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer.

adrianzgt

Project Silva : We are looking for team members !

1396771220-2hhsnlws.png

Hey there ! :) .

Presenting myself

First,let me present myself : My name Adnan and i am a french amateur 3D Artist and Leader of the Game Project Silva . I have been visiting Armed Unity since 2012 and i had to make a break in 2013 but now i'm back :P .

Please login or register to see this link. - Please login or register to see this link. - Please login or register to see this link. - Please login or register to see this link.

Project SILVA

Project Silva is a First Person Infiltration game based on a sci-fi planet named Heaven.The game focus on the story to deliver a dynamic and consistent story with our home-made Unity plugin : Memories.
We are creating the game with Unity,coding in C# and the artistic tools are :Maya,PS,nDo,dDo and Xnormal .

Project Silva Scenario

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Project Silva takes place in a far coming future where earth has disappeared and left behind it death few humans who traveled to different planets in the universe.Some of them found a desert planet and installed their base on it,that planet was then named Heaven.But Heaven was already occupied by the Androïdes,and they never wanted nor gave the humans an authorization to stay on SILVA,the official name of the planet that was given by the androïdes .The two civilizations then started a cold war and humans sent many secret agents in the Androïdes camp to destroy their Nuclear weapons before they start using them.

1393120041-23.png

The battle has just started and as an ADN75 Infiltrator you will be sent to many important Androïdes territories where your missions will vary from destroying Nuclear bases,Infiltrating the Androïdes camp to steal or hack important data.All your missions will be pretty clear and simple until you will discover the truth about the humans and their real goals in Heaven ; you will have the choice to stay with them and keep ignoring the reality or help the Androïdes and search more about the humans and the reason of their presence on Heaven.The Memories system will be used in this manner and every choice you make in any moment of the campaign will impact the rest of the game.

Memories are texts (newspaper,e-mail,documentation,etc...) that can be found in the game environment during the campaign.There are many Memories in each Level and they are all dynamic,which means the informations they carry are based the Memories you've previously found.

As there are two civilizations,you will only be able to follow one of them in certain chapters of the game,and the Memories of the civilization you are fighting against will note be available,but you can grab them on the game website by changing your chapters with those of someone else !

Layercopy2.png

Introducing our team

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Our goal is to deliver a unique Infiltration experience with a colored Artistic direction . The game will be available on Windows,Linux and Mac .

Currently we are a small team of young amateur developers and we work on the game on our spare time :

-Chaumette « Fansub » Adnan :Project Leader,Art Director,Level Designer and 3D Environment Artist .
-Baidhir « Mayaaz »  Hidair : Weapon and  Props Artist .
-Mathis « Artemisart » Chenuet : Technical Director and Gameplay Programmer .
-Pierre "Minéos" Gervais : Game design Programmer, UI Programmer and External Tools Developer .
- François-Xavier « FX » Guillois : Scriptwriter .
- Fanny « Jelly » Husson : Concept Artist .

We are Recruiting !

We are currently looking for some team members to help us in the development process of Project Silva . Here are the post we are seeking at :

- 1 Level Designer : Experienced with the Unity Engine,modeling skills are a big +

-3D Artists :Experienced with any modeling software,Character or Environment Artist .

-1 Programmer : Experienced with the Unity Engine and the C# programming language .

PS :The jobs are unpaid .

If you're interested in one of the jobs bellow please contact me on my Skype : chaumette.adnan or fill the Please login or register to see this link. on our website .

VIDEOS

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

Thanks !

• Like 1

wow, these look pretty high quality, are the models high poly or just with good normal maps and textures? 

• Like 1

Please login or register to see this quote.

Haha thanks you SOOOOO much !  :d

There will be a playable version for everyone in the end of the year ! ;)

Word hiring means paying people for their work. Otherwise its just looking for team members. It you are not paying you not hiring anyone.

• Like 2

We currently have two programmers and they work with only C#,it's a safe move for us because everyone can touch/modify the code and having one language for a Project is (IMHO) a good decision . (?)

NIce man I CANT WAIT !

I would love to code for you guys but i am still noob and learning :/

Edited by morten2808

You are in the beginning phase of your dream,keep dreaming and do whatever it takes to make it become your reality,that's how you will become a great person and a great developer ! ;)

Edited by adrianzgt
  • Like 1

This is amazing, some of the best visuals I've seen on here! I'm am fairly skilled in C#, working as a professional 3D applications programmer for the past year, my only issue is I'm on a few projects how + my full time job, although I could love to help I'm not sure how much time I can spare for it :/

Very true, although if you find your self in a need a of a programmer for an odd job message me, my skype is epiccj7

What do you mean by odd job ? :P

Thanks .

Edited by adrianzgt

Like if there is a job that needs doing, as i can't be 100% to meet deadlines I can't guarantee it will be on time, but if there is a job you need doing with out any rush I can get it done :)

not sure depends, if the map is going to be big, then you might need to optimize it. Maybe try a performance test on different types of laptop and see how it goes 

We are currently prototyping some sort of démo for the player to visit the map (Strata),but i don't know yet if it will be a fly-through or a camera controlled démo,will try to keep you up to date for any news ! ;)

Btw,i have just created the Low-Poly meshs of every piece in the High Poly screens that are in the OP,will start UVing everything tonight and i might have some new screenshots to share with you guys :)

Cool, If there is anything I can help with I would be happy to, I work pretty quickly I just can't guarantee dead lines :)

• Like 1

Bumping up the thread with some news ! :)

I have been hardly working on the hard-surface scene these days and now that all the High-Poly + Low Poly is finished,the Unwrapping and texturing step started yesterday and here are the first results :

1397286012-render-presentation.png

I will keep you guys up to date with the project in this thread .

I am currently talking to a programmer,will see what i can do with you ASAP,already have an idea btw,and no timeline will be set ! ;)

If there are any 3D Artists that are looking for a project to work on,just send me an MP or contact me with my Skype ( chaumette.adnan) .If you can't apply for a post in the team,feel free to help us spread the word about Project Silva on Please login or register to see this link. or any other communication solution,it will be really helpfull for us and maybe we will get in touch with an artist ! :)

Thanks .

nice, u should make a thread about this game in the work in progress section. I wonder how long it takes for this individual piece. Btw you know any tools that help making high quality models? (no maya or 3dsmax) they are too expensive... is already switching from 3ds to blender. Btw is Marmoset good? 

• Like 1

Many questions you've got there,here are the answers :

Is there a way to transfer the thread to the Work In Progress section ? i already have too much forums (french and english) to keep up to date,so transfering this post to the WIP section would be really great ! :d

Thanks .