This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

armedunity.com uses cookies to improve user experience.

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer.

ademir

Photon or Badumna

Question

As many know, I am creating an online game, I'm currently using photon network. 

But what would be better, Photon or badumna?

//Sorry for my bad english

18 answers to this question

Well for me, I prefer Photon Servers(Note that I said servers not cloud) mainly because you pay $3500 dollars for a lifetime liscense where as Badumna Cloud, you pay $29 dollars a month for 1000ccu. Although it's small, just remember that Photon Server can accomodate as much as you want, and eventually after years, those $29 dollars start adding up.
Another thing to keep in mind is, for a Photon SERVER you have to basically write up your own framework.
Hopefully my information was useful to you! 

Edit: Also, choosing between the 2 can also be affected by the type of mutliplayer game you make, whether it's an mmo or a COD lobby style game.

Edited by multikill
  • Like 1

Obviously it varies depending on how what and why you need what your using but as a general rule:

for an mmo use smartfox

for a large fps use photon

For small scale multiplayer use badumna

Anything else use unity raknet

Please login or register to see this quote.

In my opinion you should consider swapping to smartfox for a real MMO setup

Why lol, if you disagree with Connor post your opinion of how it should be done, and if not it's a useless post...

On topic, I see lots of people going for photon server, I've looked before and not seen very many guides and very little documentation, how are people learning to use photon server? :)

I use Unity`s default networking and it works as good as other server hosters btw if you want to have 7-24 online server then just buy a new PC and connect it to Server PSU and run the match on that PC and you`ll have a server and people will be able to join it whenever they like :)

• Like 1

That was actually a very nice post. That's what I thought too.

• Like 1

I used Badumna it is great for large scale also as long as you know what and how to do it. Photon in my oppoin is a rip off. Cost so much and the connections is as good as raknet. Its sad that raknet is looked down upon for small scale projects when in all reality it is a very good suite(from what i have learned).

It's made for games with like 16 or 32 players. The current game im working on uses raknet for coop and its only for two players. So it's perfect.

Honestly, unity3d's networking is decent, almost very flexible, but when it comes to network security n stuff, it's not the best honestly.

Truth. Raknet is not the best for safety but it is good :)

GTA San Andreas Multiplayer uses RakNet for their networking base so if you are playing on Role-Player,Drift,Band servers it will always have RakNet that is GTA default networking for multiplayer.

You know that GTA San Andreas Multiplayer wasn't made by rockstar games? If you mkean MTA or SAMP