This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

armedunity.com uses cookies to improve user experience.

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer.

Sign in to follow this  
gabmaine

why i lost my project ?

Question

Hey guys im simple indie game devloper in the unity engine, and i have 1 year of time using the unity, and things have happening with me, i lost 6 projects because of one bug, or one thing with i make when i dont know, ultimately, my project after on certain time, my project lost all materials, all prefabs lose all scripts and all are destroyed... im tired of this im have the perfect rage so many times than i cant say to you guys my f*cking rage, I was already depressed often because it, and now i asking to all you guys, what i make after this? this is a bug? this can be fixed? thanks... :(  :-L  :angry:

Please login or register to see this attachment.

5 answers to this question

you can try right click --> reimport all

if not, no nothing really

RULE #1 OF COMPUTERS:

always keep a backup, if it means that much to you back up again, in different locations, on on usb, on on cloud, one on hdd, one on ssd etc

• Like 2

Something like this can happen if you remove Library folder, or open project with earlier version of engine - it explains everything (materials, prefabs).

Two years ago i was in the same situation and i lost my project.

• Like 1

I agree with Connor, I had a project I was working on for some time during the summer and one day my computer crashed and I was not able to get back the project, I would suggest backing up your future projects in case of these scenarios happening again. 

I'm not sure if it would work, but if you right click on your project folder and go to the 'Properties' tab and then go to the 'Previous Versions' tab you may be able to go back to a certain point were your project was last saved, now you may have to go back to a time were you didn't have as much done, but it's better than nothing.

mlATU75.png

Best of luck.

Edited by Trojans
  • Like 1

Assets -> reimport all. Should fix the issue unless you actually corrupted it by using it in an old version of Unity

• Like 1