This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

armedunity.com uses cookies to improve user experience.

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer.

silasfriedrich

Object gets destroyed after reload the scene 2 times

Question

Hi everyone,

Im sorry if i ask to many questions but im a noob at unity :d . So I have this script:

Please login or register to see this code.

And its working perfect but now : this script is on a object in the scene 1 now i load scene 2 and its still there but now if I die in the scene 2 and press replay so it loads the scene again the object is gone. How can I fix that? Im thinking about a loop or something will work so i tried this:

but i dont know what to write in the condition of the while.

Edited by silasfriedrich

11 answers to this question

You realise dontdestroyonload means that when you load a new scene objects arn't destroyed?

awake ans start are called once in the lifetime when instantiated, all the rest of the code does not make any sense. Just try this and delete rest of it

It still does not work. The problem is that at the first time I switch the scene 1 to scene 2 it works, but if I reload the scene 2 the object is gone. And I want that the object is still there if I reload the scene 2.

Of course it doesn't, this will work only on the rest of the scenes. You should use awake and onlevelwaloaded.

Are you destroying this object at anytime? It sounds like your destroying it or destroying its parent because dont destroy NEVER removes the object after its called unless you call to destroy it or its parent