This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

armedunity.com uses cookies to improve user experience.

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer.

Sign in to follow this  
TheDumbestDino

Instant Multiplayer Kit

I was originally going to give this away, but it instantly got leeched like my other assets so decided to instead sell it for $2

4FEgT8X.png

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

DOWNLOAD: Please login or register to see this link.

DOCUMENTATION: Please login or register to see this link.

The Instant Multiplayer Kit was designed to help new game designers instantly add multiplayer to their existing projects without doing all the work for you.

This kit is fast and simple, with the ability to easily modify and edit the code anyway you want. The project is written in the JavaScript programming language and no support for C# or Boo is expected, however, there are many useful tools out there to convert the bulk of a script (requires a few minor changes after conversion).

This kit uses the Raknet networking framework, (also known as default unity networking). The kit uses the exact same client/server architecture used in the default unity networking.

Please note that no peer 2 peer or cloud hosting is implemented, converting this kit to allow p2p or cloud hosting or any other networking API such as Photon, Badumna or Tnet is possible but will require some work on your side.

This kit does not use Nat Punchthrough and in some cases requires the user to port forward or use an application such as Hamachi. Please ensure the application is allowed through your computers firewall.

This kit contains many features including:

·         Basic Unity Networking Setup

·         An example first person sandbox scene

·         Easy, 2 step set-up

·         Up to 32 players per server

·         AES encryption, CRCs, randomized encrypted SYNCookies and RSA encryption to combat cheating

·         Network Synced Player Controls

·         Detailed installation guide and full support via email (support@ConnorGibson.co.uk) and on this site

Feedback is much appreciated!

• Like 3

It's good, I just can't see paying money for it. There is plenty of free scripts that do the exact same thing.

Please login or register to see this quote.

yeah, I know its really simple but this got leeched almost as soon as I uploaded it, 40downloads and not one like (in 15minutes) so thought screw it im charging for it, same happened with my forest map, 4,000 downloads and only 20likes and not one donation (OMA knows what this is like :P )

Sorry to charge but cba with leechers and I think $2 is fair, makes me happy and doesn't set you back too much.

Also, I am planning on adding a player username, chat and server browser in the future just busy with a client project at school at the moment which is taking up alot of my time.

For $2 it looks pretty cool. I may be interested in buying it :d But. I may wait until you get the chat and Server browser done :d Looks cool. Might want to add a video showing that it works and how well it works though.

I am not trying to spoil it, or stop you from selling it, but I am going to put it out there; people will always leech, but selling assets typically make it worse. You sell it to someone, then they upload it on say mega.co.nz or mediafire and more people have it. Selling an asset will be no better. ;)

I am not trying to stop you from this because it could be positive, I just want you to know it's very possible that it will get worse by selling.

Ya likes are pretty hard to come by. roughly 1 in every hundred downloads. A suggestion would be a clan tag system as well. There is an abundant of players who utilize clan tags, but no one on the forum (that I am aware of). Has implemented it and its just as simply as storing and retrieving a username. Nice job by the way

• Like 1

If I understand correctly, we can use it to create a fullmultiplayer game with FPSkit ?

@all thank you for your kind words

@OcularCash yeah good idea! Thanks :d

@geckoo sure the connection would be easy just follow the two steps in the guide, HOWEVER you would need to add rpc calls to sync the bulk of the project, if using fps kit I suggest using ocular cash's or pokeyoshi multiplayer kit mod

We have implemented that (clan tags) already in Darkraze, but I haven't showed it yet.

I can see this product selling a lot though, since it's only for $2 and wouldn't hurt to buy it and try it out.

• Like 1

small update:

Added C# support, in the prefabs folder there is a 'NetworkManager C#' prefab, all scripts are in the C# sub-folder. 

Still pending on asset store.

You open up using Unity. This is a .unitypackage file.

Unity no longer uses master server tho so you would have to download the masterserver from unity and manually set it up