This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

armedunity.com uses cookies to improve user experience.

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer.

Hello guys,

I am going to showcase a game I am currently developing with a friend. It's a survival game in a prehistoric setting (no guns, no zombies, no vehicles). The game is in 3d and not in the voxel art style (like minecraft). The terrain is random generated and the main objective of the game is to survive (you can die due starvation, animals, fall damage, fire and later other players).

All of the game is WIP ofcourse and there will need to be a lot of polishing.
The game won't be free, you can buy it for a couple of dollars/euros/pounds.

Here is our website link: Please login or register to see this link. (yes we know, weebly sites arent awesome).
Feel free to donate and subscribe or give some suggestions on the site or below this post!

Any questions, pm me.

UPDATE 14:

-New arms
-Buildsystem (WIP)
-New buildings
-New vegetation
-Lots more;!

Screenshots:

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

Cheers

• Like 6

Hi, BramScrum your website looks professional and you show some great graphics with your enviroment through your images on your site.  The enviroment looks like it will work well with your concept, great job hope you luck on your journey.  I can't wait to see more development on your project, cheers.

Thank you

Note: Tye website his info is still outdated but the vids and pics are getting updated weekly. I didn't create the site, it was my mate wou did it cause he started with the project. I came in a couple of months ago (as modeler (the torch on the pictures is not from me))

Edited by BramScrum
  • Like 1

Looks like an amazing game! If only the members of armed unity could get it for free... Oh well... But I think it looks like a copy of minecraft, but not pixelated. You should probably add things that minecraft doesn't include to make it seem like not a minecraft copy. Other then that.... It looks amazing! Nice work man! +1

Edit: Also, I LOVE the randomly generating terrain system. Maybe a tutorial? :P

Edited by jmaster2012

Thanks guys.

@jmaster2012: Its isnt like minecraft, we already got some big differences. E.g.: You cant carry 64 wood in your inventory but only 2-3, and if you make a bag you can carry more stuff around. The building system is also diffrent. You have premade buildings like campfire, small tent, walls,... You can place them anywhere on the terrain ecxept if the terrain to steep. Than you need to gather resources for building the building :). You cant dig in the ground. You can make traps for capturing animals, trees fall down, you need sleep, temprature has effect on the player,...

But again, thx for the nice words!

• Like 1

Ok great! Just from what I saw, it seemed like minecraft. I think you should need blueprints to build anything, or a plan....

Well, you gain experience by crafting, hunting,... With experience you can unlock buildplans (like campfire, Xl campfire, woodenwall, stonewall,...), you select the thing you want to build and a green-transparent preview of the object appears (when it is on a place where you cant build it the colour changes to red). You place it and build it up. What do you exactly mean with blueprints (give a link to an example)

Please login or register to see this quote.

looks like minecraft... lol,  <_< >_>.

Anyways keep up the great work, your game looks like coming along well.  You should create a way to craft weapons out of sticks and stones or create traps using older methods.

Please login or register to see this quote.

Believe it or not, It already exists! You can create a sharps stick by searching for a stick and a sharp stone. Or an axe with a sharpstone, leather, and a stick. Campfire with 6 rocks 2 firestones (or one firebow) and 10 sticks, bag with 5 leather, a spear from a longstick and sharpstone, walls from logs,...

That is also something that makes us diffrent from minecraft! Everything is in a prehistoric age. So also the traps will be made by grass, ropes, and pits!

We really don't want to make a minecraft clone!

The AI will be based on prehistoric animals with our own touch! You could train some animals to use them as a stuff carrier or as a horse!

Also, a new update video will be launched soon with where you can see the buildsystem in action!

Cheers

No alpha testers yet. Maybe around update 16 but I can't promise it. We are now working on getting some 'life' in the environment!

Keep tuned

Looks great! Keep it up. I may suggest just abit better flow when pacing items other than that good job!

Minecraft belongs to another idea. The graphics are really beautiful, but without the use of assets list is not done.