This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

armedunity.com uses cookies to improve user experience.

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer.

Sign in to follow this  
LeviMoore

Which platforms does PlayerPreps work on

Question

Hallo.

I am working on a product to the Unity asset store, where I take large amounts of strings and save it with PlayerPrefs.

But unfortunately I don't have a Mac or an iOS device, so I can't test it on those platforms.

I have tried to find some information elsewhere, but I am still not 100% sure.

So my question is, does the PlayerPrefs work on all platforms (PC, Mac, iOS, Android, webplayer)

Thanks a lot for your responses.

1 answer to this question

Quick google search for "Unity3D PlayerPrefs"

On Mac OS X PlayerPrefs are stored in ~/Library/Preferences folder, in a file named unity.[company name].[product name].plist, where company and product names are the names set up in Project Settings. The same .plist file is used for both Projects run in the Editor and standalone players.

On Windows standalone players, PlayerPrefs are stored in the registry under HKCU\Software\[company name]\[product name] key, where company and product names are the names set up in Project Settings.

On Web players, PlayerPrefs are stored in binary files under ~/Library/Preferences/Unity/WebPlayerPrefs on Mac OS X and %APPDATA%\Unity\WebPlayerPrefs on Windows. There is one preference file per Web player URL and the file size is limited to 1 megabyte. If this limit would be exceeded, SetInt, SetFloat and SetString will not store the value and throw a PlayerPrefsException.