This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

armedunity.com uses cookies to improve user experience.

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer.

Sign in to follow this  
geckoo

Animations to ragdoll

Question

Hi friends! I have seven animations with my character to walk, jump, crouch and die. I dont use Mecanim. I want finish the death sequence with a RagDoll physics to avoid penetration in walls and ground. I have create a RagDoll configuration on my player, but I don't know how switch to enable RagDoll physics. Thank you for your help ++

Please login or register to see this code.

8 answers to this question

First you need a ragdoll. Check isKinematic in it's rigidbody. Then in your script add deadSoldier.rigidbody.isKinematic = false;

Please login or register to see this quote.

When i try with PlayOnce, I don't know why, but this animation continues without end.

I have wasted many time to understand and I don't find/fix cause of this problem. I use this alternative to avoid redundancy.

Thank you DarkChaos for your help. Now I understand ++

DarkChaos, I understand method which you have explained to me, but I got a strange result. In fact I have a constant "earthquake" and I can't control my player. Finally he falls outside the scene. It seems to me that I have a conflict somewhere. Where is the problem? I have acted exactly as you explain. Thank for help bro ++

Lol now you can use it as an effect during explosions... Check the fps kit. I think there is a script called PlayerHealthNew(not sure if correct name) and it supports ragdoll instantiating.

Yeh Sure I can find help in this FPSkit. You are allright.

Thank you very much for your advice. See you later ++

I suggest dont use character controller at all. Sooner or later it will be impossible to work with it as its height is calculated from collision and there is just bunch of other stuff you wont ever use, not even talking about optimizations.

Some time ago i coded my own player movement controller and managed to have everything in ~200 lines.

Ok. Thank you for this advice. Finally I have created a ragdoll which works fine in my project, but (again) I try to understand something. When my player die, he fly like a bird in the scene. Sometimes even he takes off like a rocket and I don't control anything. Sure it's funny, but not really good. This result seems to me ridiculous. How we can set the force and physics with a ragdoll? In fact I want a simple result - the player die and he falls on the ground like a stone. In the inspector I have modified many settings, but result is always... strange. Thank you for your help ++