This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

armedunity.com uses cookies to improve user experience.

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer.

noroup

OMA Fps kit help please.

Question

I got a ton of problems

1. Why do I only have 2 weapons? A sniper and another sniper. How do I apply weapons like the scar-h or the Readytouse assaullt rifle?

2. How can I control the helicopter? How do I get in? How do I move it?

3.How do I set different spawn locations?

4. How do I download the standard assets? There is no texture to make the terrain grassy or add skyblock. Or even add trees.

5. How do I make the character able to loot the weapons that are dropped?

These are all the questions for now. Please reply with SPECIFIC responses. I am creating a zombie apocalypse DayZ like game.

14 answers to this question

No offense, but if you're asking questions like this it's best that you don't touch the Unity Engine until you have proper knowledge.

• Like 7

Good luck making a DayZ like game if you can't even answer these. They are some of the simplest questions I've ever heard.

• Like 1

You have to watch tutorials first otherwise you keep asking questions! 

But to answer all your questions: you have to click on load scene and then go in the project folder to assets\Scenes and open the example scene!

Can someone please give a specific answer??? 

How do I make it so that the player can loot weapons?

How do I remove the 2 snipers that I start with at the beginning of the game?

How do I add weapons??

Please login or register to see this quote.

learn how to script there is no simple answer because we'd have to post the code

This is game development not a game of catch, everything is not going to come easy so go on youtube and search unity scripting tutorials and learn

And learn the basics of scripting here: Please login or register to see this link.

You really do have to learn a few things before we can answer your questions, once you get to know the engine you will understand these things without having to ask. Everyone on this forum started from where you are now and we all know from experience that you just have to watch the tutorials and learn for yourself when it comes to simple things like this

If you happen to know coding but you are new to the fps kit then check the "weapon manager" Gameobject and script(with the same name). And if you don't know scripting then... :facepalm:  MORRREEE :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

dearest unity god, let him rot in the deungeons of fuckfaces

OK LOOK: 

I'm going to spare you from some smart ass comments here, but look...

If you do not have any idea, on how to do some of this, then you really need to start off smaller here. So please, watch tutorials and make smaller games FIRST.

If you have no idea how to download assets, then there's a problem. So dude, watch tutorials, learn, come back when ready.

But yeah, ignore the jack-ass comments, and just get better at it dude. Trust me, in the future it'll be worth it.

Edited by coletrain

He already left the forum 4 months ago, you guys are sounding crazy by shouting at no one.

Topic locked.

• Like 2