This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

armedunity.com uses cookies to improve user experience.

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer.

OcularCash

FPS Kit v1.4.0

FPS Kit v1.4.0a

With One Man Army and myself having our own projects to work on and very little time to work on Kit Updates, I've decided to show you the progress on the newest version of the Free Kit and let you test it out with a downloadable player. This way you can test out the features without having multiple browsers open. As you've figured out by now, yes, multiplayer has been added upon several requests for such. Also, a simple weapon selection menu has been added to give you a start for your weapon managing needs. Check below for updated list of bugs.

Build x86

Please login or register to see this link.

Build x86_64

Project Files

FPS Kit v1.4.0b

Beta version will be released at a later date. The beta version will include fixes from alpha, vehicles and much more. Check back in the future for release dates.

FPS Kit v1.4.0

Full version will be released after beta testing. The full version will include all fixes from alpha and beta. Check back in the future for release dates.

Current Bugs

• Dead Replacements  show up if exiting and re entering a server (will be fixed in beta version)
  • If a server closes, the scene players are not removed (Easy fix, but will be fixed in beta version)
  • Weapon does not show on other players in your scene (will be fixed in beta version)

How To's

PLAYER MESH SWAP : Please login or register to see this link.

Demo:

Please login or register to see this attachment.

• Like 15

most free fps kit scripts can be transferred into pfps kit with little effort and the free kit is aimed at beginners wheras if the premium kit had multiplayer it would limit those who could use and download it and noone would downgrade from pfps kit to fps kit so until *if at all* both kits get multiplayer, the free kit was the better choice, that is my judgement, Cash probably had his own reasons, one being adding MP to the free kit is easier than the premium kit

Multiplayer might be added to the pfpsk in the future. I can't release any information on things I'm not personally comfortable releasing, but the pfpsk is alot more advanced and always will be. And future updates will reveal alot more advanced features. the free kit is very basic, even the newly added multiplayer and weapon selection is very basic. Just remember, not everyone is making a multiplayer game, so making that choice is an extremely hard call to make without creating multiple scenes and nearly all functionality of your game done for you. That is the major hiccup with making multiplayer, by the time it's finished, we would be making an entire game for you

• Like 1

@Taichiu : I stated "Downloadable Player" which is a "Build". Unless there is another player that can be downloaded that I'm missing?

@atilano : Sorry, I forgot that I run 64. I'll have a link up for those who don't in just in a few minutes

You are able to create with the default information provided. If you can't, make sure you don't have anything blocking or restricting access. The project is using standard unity networking (masterserver) with nat punch so it should work just fine if not blocked or restricted

• Like 1

Please login or register to see this quote.

Because idea about multiplayer in FPS Kit comes from OcularCash and he did this update. I already explained why Premium Kit will not have multiplayer.

Yes, good choice - maybe not but in my opinion it's the right to not do a good multiplayer fps kit since there will be a trillion games with just models changed proably :(

I don't quite get the complaint. You ask why multiplayer isn't created for pfpsk, give ideas on handling its campaign vs multiplayer and then state it shouldn't be done? I could remove multiplayer from the update if you like to explain the reasoning to the several active users without premium membership? Bottom line for free kit networking is that it has already been done, pokeyoshis modification was released a long time ago. But, it's massive bug listing and constantly changing approach and complete halt on progress has given alot of users false understanding of how to approach networking and how to handle it properly. As you can tell, it is very basic networking, no more, no less than the already developed modification, just without the bugs. Pfpsk is OMA's baby, I simply offered to make small updates for the free kit so he can focus more on premium content, but I see this is causing an issue

I mean, if you make a kit with example team deathmatch and animations and that synced (the basic things), there will be like a trillion "games" which will just be fps kit with changed models, maybe a few more scripts. There are already so much games with fps kit, changed models and nothing else :(

No animations, no modes or game rules or even score between players will be added. Nothing more than what has already been modded, just a bug free version

Sounds great! this way we will have a basic and stable FPS multiplayer foundation to build upon and improve...