This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

armedunity.com uses cookies to improve user experience.

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer.

Sign in to follow this  
shubham kumar

3ds max re-position object

Question

how do re-position object to its original position in 3ds max like in blender  we use alt+r  or alt+g 

for example- i  detach  arms from character and moved it little-bit  far   now how can get it to previous position

Edited by shubham kumar

13 answers to this question

i am in school now so i can't open my 3ds max now but i think u can get the current position of the object then when u finish edition just fill in the position numbers

You create helpers and you align them to the object before you move it. So you can align the object back at any given time

for mine tip not sure if this will work since i didn't test it yet but click on the object and there will be coordinate at the bottom, copy the coordinate to somewhere then when u want to put it back, fill in the position

Animated keyframes is another option, put them in one position, move the timeline, then move them out, they when you move back to the start of the timeline they'll be in the original position (auto key needs to be on)