This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

armedunity.com uses cookies to improve user experience.

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer.

themars2011

Would you help me?

:o  

13 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• Donate $5
    • Donate $10
    • Donate more
    • Spread around the world
    • Something else (leave below)

Hello everyone, I'd like to ask YOU if you would donate like $5 for my game and / or spread it around the world, if we start an indiegogo campaign, for $5 you will get closed beta access and for $10 closed alpha and beta access, please leave suggestions below :) and please vote in the poll, thanks :)

$5 isnt worth beta access imo, most indie games now have a free or discounted price for the beta, since your game is ftp? This would be a bad idea, kickstarter and indiegogo are investment sites and investors expect a return on their investment (beta and alpha access is a cheap "scam" against the investor)

Please login or register to see this quote.

Well, there will be 2-4 months between closed and open beta / alpha and I don't know what to give else :/

I would, personally, run around (almost) naked for promotional purposes...

Brings in all the ladies at least...

Do stuff like printed character posters (im different sizes for different tiers), tshirts, name in the games credits, let the backer name a map, stuff like this is what backers want :)

On a more serious note, find a sponsor. That's what I did to fund my STEM team project. A local pharmacy gave use £250 to advertise them with our work...

• Like 1

you just have to be careful, if you approach an investor or setup a kickstarter now with ripped "placeholder" weapons, its classed as using in a commercial project and you would more than  likely be sued

It also may not appeal to the investor. It is extremely unprofessional to use ripped placeholder weapons, and making your game look ugly, not comparing to the quality of the weapon. It is also generally just bad business practice. I would never invest or donate in something with placeholder ripped assets.

Also before you start a kickstarter project, look at your software licenses, some softwares count things like kickstarter projects as commercial projects

We were all worried about that! I was literally holding my breath! 

Thanks for sharing that extremely useful post. On behalf of the forum, I thank you.

Amen.

If you want my cash, I need to see the product, it does not matter if it is 50 cents or 50 $. It's only money anyways, but I've seen now three projects collecting cash and donations and what not and those projects never got finished - never, ever, ever, ever again will I do this.

My suggestion, or what I plan to do myself, when ready, contact distributors, or send word to Unity 3D, or simply advertise at IndieDB/Desura, they are all looking for real talent and can connect you with the right people. If/when you have a potential winner, they'll like to win with you.

Edited by Taamalus

Im not active on the forum much anymore, but seriously? Do you really have to be such an asshole? He was just pointing out the fact that he wouldn't be able to donate. Back on topic i really like the way your game is looking so id probably we willing to chip in 5 bucks.

• Like 3

Hmm, I see what I've done wrong. I was trying to point out, in a sarcastic manner, that he could've phrased it better and given a little more detail. After all, I'm trying to help get his rep back. 

I agree what I said was a little harsh but he has -62 REP...