This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

armedunity.com uses cookies to improve user experience.

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer.

Sign in to follow this  
grim1690

Unity Pro

So im thinking about buying unity pro and doing it on the monthly scheme. I think its a little more than if you paid all out.

What you guys think?

I think it's worth it. If I had the money I would definitely purchase pro. It comes with many benefits and Unity's new payment plan makes it even easier on your budget.

I really don`t know if that is smart idea.It costs a lot it is really expenice if you have money and you are kinda rich sure it worth it but if you are kinda poor that is too expenice.

I can afford it the problem is tho my financials will change in june, So getting it for 7 months and then being able to probably not afford it hmm. not sure

I think all people can do this:

First work to the limits of the Unity free version. What I mean with that, that you dont need all those functionalitys that pro have at the moment. Try to take all of the indie version! The free version is a very good solution now. It has got free realtime shadows or navmesh baking now! It has the mecanim system and all other stuff that you really need. All those kind of special shaders that are in pro are at the beginning unnecessary...

I know that everyone wants the soft shadows or the ik based mecanim solutions in pro and the rendertextures! But do we need hundreds of shaders and effects to show that this is a monitor with some videotextures ? I dont think so ...

So first try to work out the limits of unity free, this is my only suggestion what i can tell you ... ;)

Please login or register to see this quote.

The mechanim system is not so important it is useless (for me) I saw some videos about it and it looks to complicated really why do i need it for developing FPS game ?

• Like 1

Please login or register to see this quote.

With mecanim system you can use an animation for all your skinned, rigged characters. So you only need one animation and you can apply it to all skeleton-based objects like humans and zombies. And at the first look, it looks complicated but this is not ! It can make really brilliant blendings between animations ! And you dont need all of the weightstuff in coding ... you can set it directly in the animator

• Like 1