This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

armedunity.com uses cookies to improve user experience.

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer.

jordanblythe104

Monodevelop. Reload from autosave deleted my code

Question

When I opened monodevelop it asked me to reload from autosave and since it's  3AM here I clicked it not realising what would happen and my 350 lines of code was deleted. Is there a way I can go back to where it was? It tooked me nearly 3 months to write it all and I was finally getting close to finished today. Google isn't giving me anything and I'm getting really desperate.

6 answers to this question

There isn't anything you can do once code has been deleted. That's why it's always a good idea to frequently keep backups just incase of something like that. The only thing you can try is closing mono develop, reloading the script and hope it didn't save it blank. Sorry man, that's about the only thing you can do

Edit : or that lol idk if that'll work but its worth a try

If you pressed load from autosave, but DID NOT save it, then there is a chance that you may still have the file intact. Close the file immediately and open it up again. If it asks you to load from autosave, select no and load from original file. If you saved it for some reason, then you can't get the file back. You should backup your project weekly!

Aw man, that sucks. I hope you will be able to gain back the work that you have lost somehow.

Thanks man, appreciate it. I got a few days old version so I'm really relieved. There's a lot of work to do to get it back to where it was though. I'll be keeping backups of my backups from now on too