This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

armedunity.com uses cookies to improve user experience.

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer.

Sign in to follow this  
BlackSKY415

Need a Team For A GTA like Open World Game

If you have no previous work of your own, then people are unwilling to join. And GTA is a pretty massive game, so you have to be determined to finish it. Do not set your goals too high or else you will just end up making no progress and wasting the time of your team members and your own. If this is one of your first projects, start smaller and try not to go for a unreasonable goal. Saying that you have previous game making experience doesn't really tell us what you are you master in. I won't stop you from making this game, but please reconsider your thoughts.

Alright, what do you major in? Programmer, modeler, animator, etc. And as long as its not as large as GTA, you should do fine.

Hey.

Dont give up on your dreams, if they are too big though, simplify them.

Take the core mechanics of GTA

Shooter

Open World

Simulator

Now mix these up into a smaller project which you can handle aswell!

Such as a smaller third person thug shootout game!

If you will look around on forums, there are plenty of starter kits in the Example Projects section which are third person shooter games with GTA type controls.

So just simplify it down, release it, add the updates you want later on.

• Like 5

Completely agree with DraulLeo, what I'm saying is that don't try to break your neck for trying to make a Open World GTA game, but as long as its not big as GTA, then that's okay. All you need is to make it smaller to a point where you feel more comfortable in making.

hey DaBoss, let him strive for what he wants to strive for. I thought this forum was for helping one another with their games, not telling people you can't do something. You can do anything if you put your mind to it.

Please login or register to see this quote.

If he was making a game like GTA-scale, how many years will that take? Even for me, it would take at least 5 years. If he really wants to do it, then he could, but that's a near-impossible task for an indie studio/team. Keep in mind that the world is large since it's open world so it would take many models and characters to finish. There's a lot more to an open-world game than you think. However, if he's doing a simple open-world game, you may be able to get it around 1-2 years. I just read GTA in the title so I am assuming he trying to go for that level or scale but now I changed my mind if he is going for a much smaller version.