This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

armedunity.com uses cookies to improve user experience.

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer.

skatiskate11

I'm getting a new computer... Mac or PC?!

Sooo it's "back to school" season right now and I'm looking to get a new computer!

First, I wanted the retina macbook pro 15 or 13 but they never updated it with haswell, and I've been waiting for like 5 months now...! And rumors say that it will get a update in oktober!!!

So I thought maybe I should go the "build a pc" way and choose components, but is it really necessarily to have that much power for just making android games and some league of legends?!

I have no idea what to choose, mac or pc?! :(

Money is no problem here so dont say "get a pc bcz mac is expensive"!

Btw does this sound good?

GTX 760

intel 180 gb SSD

Does unity use hyperthreading? Will it be faster or can I just get a 4670K?

thanks! 

maybe this? this is what i will be getting at the end of next month

Edited by NG3D

try messaging ocular cash, hes the man to ask as he has the most experience between mac and pc (that i know off) and he will give you a real profesional opinion :)

Definitely don't get a Mac if you are going for gaming/game development. Mac is okay in game development category...

• Like 1

Please login or register to see this quote.

I'll! Btw I've been wondering if I should get mac os x compatible parts and have windows and mac on it! this site has good info Please login or register to see this link.

I'm not really a gamer, and LoL is now available on mac so that's kind of all I really need! LoL + Unity + Photoshop + SomeAdvancedVideoEditingSoftware! And of course I'll be running all of them at the same time! 

^ Dude, that's just an opinion. It's all about the workspace. If you like mac, you probably are better of with a mac. (i don't know anyone who likes both mac and windows xd)

Annddd, a mac is a pc, but a pc is not a mac. 

I've never tried mac (only in stores) so I've no idea how it's like in the real world if you know what I mean. But just by looking at it, it seems to be so much better then win7 that Im cur using!

Games, yes. but you have wine for that. But programs are utter nonsense. Most programs are ported, and there are plenty of other choises (why use office if you have iworks?)

Yes, i would have liked vodka too but wine is still alcohol, so we have to do it with that :P

Apples and alcohol do not fit together... I mean, who drinks wine and eats apples at the same time?