This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

armedunity.com uses cookies to improve user experience.

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer.

Sign in to follow this  
XDGabzXD

Hold button to repeat anim?

Question

So i have some fps legs, and lots of different charecters, these legs have crouch animations and walking animations and running animations. I am going to import them into unity and start scripting for when the player crouches and that, but what i need to do is when the player holds down 'w' then it keeps repeating the walk animation until he is no longer holding 'w' so i can't do this with just 'ifgetkeysdown('w'){}'? And then i would need to make the thing for if they are holding 'w' and then they hold leftshift at the same time then it plays the running animation. Does anyone know call for holding the buttons? (:

9 answers to this question

Please login or register to see this quote.

here is almost everything you need to know:

Please login or register to see this link.

im not a pro in animations but maybe in the script you should put a part on the script that when you push W the animations start, when you stop holding W the animation stops! just have some imagination ;)

Please login or register to see this quote.

All he need is to "loop" animation and it can be done via script (or manually setup in import settings).

Via script:

Please login or register to see this code.

eco4, i knew how to do it hahah, i was just asking for the call function in the script to repeat the animation until w is no longer being held (:

not for you but yes for me!(everyone says that a good game maker(designer, programmer etc) needs to have a good imagination ;))