This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

armedunity.com uses cookies to improve user experience.

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer.

martin999b

Where to buy sounds, textures?

Question

Hey guys,

Does anyone know good sites where I can buy cool sounds for games like realistic gun shoot, reload, grenade explosion sounds and textures like wall textures, floor textures, etc?

I'd like to use them for commercial games as well.

Thanks!

5 answers to this question

it gets quite expensive after a while but its the best for decent quality :P Please login or register to see this link.

but Please login or register to see this link. is amazing and most/all sounds are free for commercial use :)

as for textures i have heard good things from Please login or register to see this link.  but im not sure if they are royalty free as I normally make my own textures but hope this helped you ;)

• Like 1

Realistic audio is kinda hard to come by, especially when it comes to specifically meeting your needs. Sometimes it's too long, too short, recorded with wood when it's metal. If you want perfection, your better off hiring a professional for a few hours of his time. They usually charge per hour so if they're just tiny clips, it shouldn't take them long to mix it. I pay my mixer "x" amount for for 5 clips at a time and usually takes about one to 2 hours and its perfection. So always keep that in mind that that's an option

• Like 1

Or if you have an awesome microphone and a real gun, then you can record it yourself ;)

But realistic sounds are pretty hard to get for free. I don't know where to get professional quality sounds though.

• Like 1

Actually, professionals don't use guns or actual explosions to create those sounds. Only about 10 to 15% of the sounds are actually what they sounds like. For instance, in specific tv shows alot of times they bring raw chickens into the studio and punch and slap them to get a specific sounds they want for hitting and slapping. Gunshots and explosions 90% of the time peek the mic and blow out the sounds. So what your actually hearing is 10 different sounds mixed together. Hince why there called mixers. And that's why you can search pages and pages of real gunshots and never find what you want.

• Like 1