This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

armedunity.com uses cookies to improve user experience.

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer.

nightbird0

Simple Animal AI

Hi guys , i tried to create a simple AI for my animals in my project and i failed for many reasons, so what i need is : 

An AI that :

• Playing an idle animation and walking randomly around playing [("idle") , ("walkAnim")]
  • When the player go near the animal it runs away playing the run animation [("runAnim")] and after getting a safe distance it turns again to previous state.

can someone write this for me , C# or JS what ever you like, thanks in advance , and of course you will be added to credits.

• Like 1

@OMA really has to program a small little annoying window that pop's up everytime you enter a thread with rules and instructions... Maybe that will insure people stop posting Incorrect Posts over at the Incorrect Thread.

Anyways, some people wonder why these posts get ignored for a long time, the secret is that nobody feels like using their neurons to do the job of your neurons for you. Go after stuff, search, discover. Unity has a HUGE library reference with EVERYTHING you could imagine: Please login or register to see this link.

Even I reference to it almost everyday, I learned everything I know from this Library reading and searching after what I needed. Using google to search for Compiler Errors / Warnings, etc.

PS.: What if I were to program you that script in Boo? What's with the discrimination with Boo around the Unity community, it's soo powerfull yet it maintains short and simple syntax for even the most begginer of programmers to learn easily. Unless you wish to access this Script with another Script programmed in another language, then I understand the reason you'd have not to want it in Boo, but that doesn't mean you could choose between 2 languages either, since you could say the languages in Unity hate each other, so much, they don't even look at each other. Meaning if you were to look for a MonoBehaviour Component in another GameObject or the GameObject this script is on, and tried getting the Component Script that is in another language, it will return an error saying: I don't know who this is, so you are referencing something that does not exist...

Go after you problems, people won't go to you pickup your hand and click on stuff for you, atleast try to learn. If you fail miserably or even break a leg then I will be more than happy to instruct you step by step. :d

- Daniel

• Like 1

Yes, with that being said, moved to Request section. I barely asked many questions because I actually looked through Google and Unity Answers, after that I tried YouTube tutorials, and the last resort is the Unity Scripting Reference. You don't need much programming knowledge to understand it, just the ability to read it.

Take a look at Island Demo, there's a Flamingo ( or something like it ) near the water source inside the island and it does the same as you describe above

• Like 2

Please login or register to see this quote.

I didn't force you to write the script for me and use your Valuable neurons, if you don't want to help you can simple IGNORE the post , but you chose to use your neurons and write down a bunch of bullsht trying to be the Know-all guy ready to screech and be full of irony.

P.S Are you the Boo's lawyer or something , did you feel that i insult BOO ?? 

Ok calm down guys! There is a simple wander script on the unity wiki page where all the free scripts are located Please login or register to see this link.

. Its a wander script, and its useful for realistic animal characteristics. I hope this helps. Keep in touch with me if you need more help :d

• Like 1