This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

armedunity.com uses cookies to improve user experience.

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer.

DarkChaos

Armed Unity Community Mega Project

Special Features of this Epic Game  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Camera view:

• First Person View
    • Third Person View

Have you guys considered doing something different and doing more of an MMOFPS style game? Open world full war style multiplayer rather than just 10-20 people doing deathmatch? You could have some players doing more of a commander roll, some players set as pilots and drivers that taxi soldiers around, then the actual soldiers themselves. Just something to consider!

• Like 1

i think an Open World FPS game would be awesome ... something like FarCry... an outstanding storyline and an multiplayer :) just tell me if that sounds good to you , because to me it sounds more than awesome.

Note : FPS games are so many , infinity actually , but an open world fps game is so rare ... 

Edited by nightbird0

Maybe open world fps or third person shooter. modern day or futuristic? maybe a comet hit earth and humans are almost completely wiped out people start getting desperate and boom it begins the fight for complete survival idk just a small idea? 

@Dark Chaos- idk if this was mentioned in past posts in this topic cauase all i read was your post but if your going to do this I say you should be the only one with the project (Unless you have the team thing where everyone can work side by side at the same time)  and all assets are given to you.

Just wanted to say that so you dont waste your time putting the project on Dropbox and waiting 10 hours for everything to be synced

I wish you luck :)

I was thinking slight future, so we can do our own story better, but not so far there is laser guns, I think maybe around 2040 ish? Also what platform would it be released, Windows and Mac or webplayer?

if we finally decide to make something huge like this we will need :

a leader for each category 

scripting leader , modeling leader , animating - rigging leader , level designer leader , tester leader etc , so all of them would organize the persons on each category and then we will need a main leader who will organize all the leaders... of course all the members would have the same privileges / obligations , the site DarkChaos said for managing the files is really good and it will help a lot ...

I agree that a futuristic MMOFPS similar to "Destiny" by Bungie & "Blacklight: Retribution/Tango Down" by PerfectWorld is a great setting.
I think that it should be a free-to-play game on the PC initially and server hosting is an issue we should tackle mentally once we have a story/basic set up.

I already thought of a title name "Hivemind".
(Same as my prog. metal band but would suit a game better)

I could also write a basic plot/world description if necessary.

Also atm im busy with 2 projects but after those i'd love to help out Depending on what type of game and story line, which will be like a year at minimum, Here is what i can do:

• Script - JavaScript(Unity Script) - Intermediate  experience
  • 3d Model - Everything except characters - Intermediate experience (Beginner at character modeling)
  • Rig- Advanced experience
  • Animate- Intermediate/Advanced - (Getting Mocap soon so there will be realistic animations)
  • Texture - Intermediate experience
  • Music - Intermediate experience
  • Voice Acting - I could try, but its something I've never done -  Beginner experience

Also I'd be ecstatic if there was Zombies!!!                                                    

Edited by NightmareGames

These leaders are the "Managers".

Everything will be synced in github so as to have a version control as well.

Open world may be then.

I was thinking of huge terrain and urban levels in which people(with a limit of max 25?) It is going to be a free for all mode but you will be able to make clans/alliances and fight with your friends against others. It will have a lot of rpg characteristics. I was thinking of something futuristic too. The map must also have some objectives(no flags) like destroying small bases and killing pedestrians maybe to get rewards? Zombies will replace pedestrians when the night falls!

What do you think?

Please login or register to see this quote.

wooo i think we found our modeling - animating leader :) since many of us can script but few can model animate and rig i think if you really have advanced skills you are suitable :d

I can be project lead if that is what is needed so such as i can organise the leaders or something like that im pretty organized if not no problem i just happy to help and i have some free time haha :) 

NightmareGames can you choose one sector only? it make it easier for me.

but remember except charecters,  once i get mocap forget it, animating will be professional  :)

Yep we just found our guy :P

I will add the managers(non pernament) tomorrow.

I'll manage prop models if thats okay with everybody, its not a massive area but someone needs to do it!

Ok, i dont think i need to code if we have good coders, Here is what i'd like to help out on (Once my 2 projects are done) 

• Modeling - Animating
  • Texturing
  • Sound Effects & Music
  • Storyline
  • Possibly level design if it is apocalyptic

Btw What about a game like dayz or state of decay, it dosent have to be zombies, im for anything apocalyptic 

Edited by NightmareGames

What about an apocalypse of natural disasters and its more like survival of the fittest type thing, find food and water, ammo and weapons would limited so we could add melee weapons too, we could add tents and shelter points! Also crafting would be an idea

• Like 1

Character customisation is definitely something we should do, so you can choose what you look like! Also if we're doing large scale maps but still want high quality, were gonna need pro to use Occlusion Culling

We defo need character customisation people enjoy personalizing their games hats camos shirts shorts gun camo stuff like right oh and by the way if we get this going i will pay for us to put it on steam greenlight when we are ready for it :) maybe even kickstarter or indiegogo if needed let me know :)