This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

armedunity.com uses cookies to improve user experience.

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer.

DarkChaos

Armed Unity Community Mega Project

Special Features of this Epic Game  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Camera view:

• First Person View
    • Third Person View

Idea:

After reading 2-3 posts about making a game similar to the bf3 - cod standards I had an idea.

Lets do this for fun! So to start off this is a discussion, this dream may never be realised(I hope I am proven wrong).

Team:

We need to make a team. All big game development companies have huge teams consisting of 100-200 people or more! We need members to support us. I was thinking that everyone has its own talent so we must have different sectors as well.

Sectors:

• Scripting
  • Modeling - Animating
  • Texturing
  • Sound Effects & Music
  • Level Design
  • Storyline
  • Gameplay - Testers
  • Marketing

I want everyone who is interested to apply here in a short post and write if he wants to be a manager or just a simple member. Managers will be choosen based on skills and responsibility.

Application Form:

-Name: DarkChaos

-Speciality: Scripting

-Manager: Yes/No

Goal:

We want to achieve a perfect result! I think most of us are familiar with FPS games. But I was hoping for more. It is going to start as an FPS game but we will add other characteristics to enrich it based on critics and our gameplay managers.

Member List:

Please login or register to see this spoiler. Edited by DarkChaos
  • Like 10

thats actually an awesome idea :) ... if many of the users on this forum work together a good result may come 

+1

I wonder, where does the voice actor/music producer sign up?
I had this idea the other day and asked OMA directly about it and we agreed a community project would be cool.
This will take a ton of effort from everyone involved but it would be far more efficient than separate teams/projects.

Well in that case...

What do you do?:  Music Producer/Voice Actor
Do you require pay?: If the project is free-to-play (with no extras) then no.
Can you show us your prior work?:
Name: David McNeill (Xi-Fi)
Contact Details: baphometlives@hotmail.co.uk
Other Information: I'd prefer a dark/horror project to work on.
Available For Hire: Yes!

I had the same idea, but it was about creating a 3d chat room for the forum. Actually i already stared making it, but left it on the shelf due to studying. There is not way this community will be able to make something even near cs 1.5, not even talking about bf series here. So making a product for the forum itself, like 3d chat room, where people can run around and talk would be much better choice.

Here is what i was talking about, page 2. Please login or register to see this link.

And demo idea. Please login or register to see this link.

Edited by YoungDeveloper

...we dont care if you need money or not :P

Everyone who joins is considered a volunteer as he will not be payed. Just tell us if you are willing to participate we dont need extra info. This is not a typical searching members but a discussion.

Please login or register to see this quote.

So supportive you are...If you dont want to participate don't post here. All together we can make the next gen FPS game!

• Like 2

I just copied and pasted it so you had all the info you needed ;)

I think otherwise, so long as dedicated members and team leaders take part then this project will give fruit at the end of it.
If people go in and think like that then nothing will come of it. Positive attitudes all the way!
Also, I'm willing to help on all fronts that I possibly can with music, voice acting and even a little graphics design haha.
So yeah, don't bury it before it's dead eh? :P

Edited by OmgBrehNoWay

What do you do?: Game Designer(like in a project Manager making sure everyone knows what's going on) i can be a tester if you need and i can help with Story writing 

Do you require pay?: no if it is free to play

Can you show us your prior work?: Not at the moment. 

Name: Lee Lockett (Enigma4Gaming)

Contact Details: Essex.boi@hotmail.com

Other Information: I am Currently at Uni for Game Design :)

Available For Hire: Yes if you need me

I would be happy to join, it's a great idea!

I could help with testing or possibly storyline

Edited by Zacstar11

It's not about support, it's about how real it is to make something and will you be able to get it done. And i can post wherever I want, this is not your personal in-group closed topic to "participants" only.

Edited by YoungDeveloper
  • Like 2

Damn, remember that with the "use" minus points, I maybe think it's a little bit mean said (or it could be said a little better), but I think that it's unfair to use minus points if it's not necessary. Got your reputation up again Chaos, and I so did with YoungDeveloper. Sorry if I sound to "I'm boss", but I just think it's a little wrong methode to use these minus reputation points.

i'll do marketing and if needed i can make a website and the website of the game(databases)

So maybe we should upvote him for saying what we are trying to achieve is all shit???!!! He comes here and spams that he doesn't want to participate because we are all noobs and we will never get anything done. This doesn't deserve minus rep??? Fck logic guys. Whoever thinks the same as YoungDeveloper don't even bother to answer here, go create your own little project.

• Like 3

I gave him minus, just because he gave me one, without any reason.

What a douche you have to be to minus people post just because you think otherwise. >.>

Reread my post, i never said anything about you are noobs or you wont get anything done. I was suggesting that maybe you should lower your "project bar", maybe to something simpler, like as i said chat room or something.

And why are you even insulting me kid, learn some manners. If you speak like that to people who are older than you, i imagine how you will be speaking to all the project members, probably not in the best way.

Edited by YoungDeveloper
  • Like 1

Without a reason??? Maybe insulting isn't a reason? You didn't state "noobs" directly but your post conveys this message!

Maybe you should remove those black glasses, if you saw something insulting in my first post. I didn't state it to anyone, but now i am, after you talk like that, you sure are a "noob" and even worse. :))

Maybe people will start to see that you aren't that friendly after all, and won't participate in any kind related with you.

Edited by YoungDeveloper

So now I am the one who insulted you? OK...keep it going and you will see

Smh, this argument is making this topic pointless...

Who will control the project? What if some dumbass deletes the project for no reason? How will the project be handled with 200 members?

How about this guys we stop fighting and do what we do best and create a gaming experience all this arguement over petty things lets move on and again create a gaming experience. People don't wanna join thats fine it their choice its the ones that want to help that we should respond too. so in short drop the hate and move on guys we have a game to make.

Lots of Love (No Homo)

Lee 

• Like 1