This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

armedunity.com uses cookies to improve user experience.

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer.

Sign in to follow this  
themars2011

Weapon Camera?

Question

Is there any way to fix weapons clipping in walls without an seperate weapon camera?

18 answers to this question

No, you can't do it because its a part of games. But if you find a shader to always render the object on top then I guess you can.

Second weapon camera is the easiest way to do it, I honestly don't see why anyone wouldn't use this

Shadows, image effects dont really work then for me, i mean, the weapon is not affected by shadows building draw....

I dont know how to use them, and i read that there will always be light then, i my game has a day/night cycle.

I just use wall avoidance system to avoid clipping and be able to receive shadows. Look at my fps kit or darkchaos script.

I may switch wall avoidance, but I liked being able to set a different FOV for each camera, but there is a big shadow problem

Yeah, there is a downside for both ways of doing it. But I don't really mind if I cannot change FOV for each camera.

I have the weapon camera set to 50, and the other camera at 70, and when aiming only the weapon camera's FOV changed and it game a cool effect, but I'll work something out

I've done this before by, as described above, using a shader to change rendering priority. You can do so by using, I believe it's called a zBuffer. You can find it just about anywhere

I find the best way is using the 2 camera and putting them on different layer's then do the rendering of them and depth..

Please login or register to see this quote.

This is exactly the easiest and proably the worst way.

Yeah, it also makes a boat not clip with the water (in the screenshot preview) and it is also in the Tardis Effect made by Ocular I think. I also used it for Red Dot sight effect as well.

There's a few different shaders you can use to achieve it. But, no matter what shader you use, there will be a lot of fine tuning to make it work properly. They are very touchy

Just a question, does the shader still receive shadows while giving a similar effect to the weapon camera? Not at a computer at the moment so sorry

Please login or register to see this quote.

I never tried any different way :P I would defiantly try it a different way though! :d Thanks for the criticism :d