This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

armedunity.com uses cookies to improve user experience.

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer.

Sign in to follow this  
philiparas4

Sun Shaft

Question

Hey guys I have unity 4 pro and I want to use the sun shaft script. My problem is that I don't know how. I have searched all over google/bing and youtube but didn't find anything that could help me. So if anyone could help I would be really gladful. Thanks in advance :) .

19 answers to this question

Please login or register to see this quote.

Go to your camera and go to Component -> Image Effects -> Sun Shafts then you need to change the sun transform to the sun

More info: Please login or register to see this link.

Same problem. But if I could it doesn't matter because it's on the main camera and not on the fps controller. So it wouldn't appear in my game. I psoted a second image showing nothing happens.

oh whoops I didn't get ur setup for a moment there. Well errr, check ur build settings. Make sure it is deferred rendering and all since that's best. I dunno what else after that. If that doesn't work make sure that nothing is intefering and blocking it. If nothing, then I dunno, try google. But try the above first.

Well I even reinstalled it but nothing. Can you post an image of how to set up the sun shafts so I check if I have done anything wrong? I think I haven't done the part saying : "then you need to change the sun transform to the sun" . Any image on how to do this would be great :) .

*facepalm*

Of course, how did I not see that. You are absolutely right about that one. You know where it says sun transform then it says None(Transform), drag your light onto the None(Transform)

When you say sun you mean the directional light? Sorry for so long discussing but I haven't worked any other time with Untiy 3d.

Yes it should work with skybox. MAKE SURE SUN SHAFT IS ATTACHED TO MAIN CAMERA NOT THE PLAYER. THEN drag the sun to the shaft caster and drag the sun y position to about 3000. Now play the game and look up. It should work because the sun shafts script is based on the sun position.

Well my actually problem is that I can't find any sun to attach it to my shafts caster neither when I search nor when I try to drag my skybox sunny3 up to the shafts caster.

GameObject -> Create new -> Directional Light. Now drag Directional light into the shaft caster and move the position far up.

hi im not sure what is sun chaft or whatewer but if u want make a sun crete.point or directional light, put it wherr yu want be sun and atack on it godrays or lens flare script. or ad halo on it.