This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

armedunity.com uses cookies to improve user experience.

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer.

Sign in to follow this  
cheezy

Zombie AI using NavMeshAgent?

Question

Hey,

after long researching i cant find a working Nav Mesh Agent AI script for my Zombie Game.

Currently im using the basic ZombieAI from FPS Kit but they are too stupid for complex Maps , so they walk against walls ... .

If someone could help me make a ZombieAI with Nav Mesh Agent i would really appreciate it.

:)

8 answers to this question

Maybe this?

you need unity pro for NavMesh btw.

Please login or register to see this link.

Thanks for the quick reply :d

Mhmm i tried this aswell , but i cant set it up in my Project and the example project gives me two Errors :S

(1.Resume can only be called on an active agent that has been placed on a NavMesh)

(2.SetDestination can only be called on an active agent that has been placed on a NavMesh)

Jup i got Unity Pro :)

hmmm. That's unusual. I remember getting an error of some sort, but that was about referencing another script for damage by zombie hands. Not about the navmesh ext though. But does it work? If it works and it gives errors though, it doesn't really matter that much.

Also jsut a heads up. If your map is medium to large, then navmesh is not hhe way to go until version 4 public build is released. This is because it is not automatic, so if u move, the zombies will stay still as thy work out a path to you. When you stop they stay still for a second or so to work out ur place, then they move to you. So on mine, it is a tiny plane, so it worked perfectly.

Also it seems as if your ones are talking about not having a navmesh. I am sure I included it on the plane, but just check ext. But if it works, as I said earlier, then just ignore the errors.

Again Thanks for the quick reply :)

The problem is the Zombie doesnt move at all :o

Yeah i can see the navmesh so its set up.

In my Project i wanted to make a small map but with some houses like 5 or smth. so i need to find a way to make the Zombies find the player (sorry for my terrible English im German)

ok. This is weird. Illl tell you wat. Right now there is nothing I can do, but later, I will redownload the project and check out the issue if it crops up for me and try to fix it. If it works, then there is nothing I can do.

okay :d on youre Topic i saw a guy having the same issue.

btw. the example Unity gives for NavMesh isnt working for me aswell??