This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

armedunity.com uses cookies to improve user experience.

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer.

fpsarmedunity

My work so far ..help with collsion

Question

Hi here a video of my  test  work to try some gameplay mechanics.. i used free fpskit as base template expanded over time ( thaks to OMA and TheMars over all others..they know why LOL).I have some other gameplay functions in place and are only waiiting to be added to the main template..

btw i have and issue with drag items since i noticed that picked up items colllsion work fine  until i pick and item into inventory( like weapons ,ammo, consumables) but if i eventually drop picked up items from inventory and try to drag item again collsion with static mesh collsion and with scene doesnt work anymore  when player held item... any hint

• Like 1

28 answers to this question

the method is called in the update of the GrabObject script  that is placed inside the NoWeapon  GameObject of the Player

Please login or register to see this quote.

so yeah thats why :)

in weapon manager disable the text right before you switch to the next weapon and after you disabled the old one

• Like 1

Please login or register to see this quote.

right.. i disabled the UI pickup text from the wepaon manager when player switch wepaon and all seems to work correcly now.. many thanks..

i only have to fix the bug related to the held object distance and can go ahead with interaction system ..(doors ,drawers, switches and so on)