This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

armedunity.com uses cookies to improve user experience.

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer.

DeepWolf

Do I need a privacy policy for this?

Question

Hi, I'm about to release my game to the Google Play Store.

Just to make sure, do I need to create a privacy policy if I only use the events from the Google Play Game Services to track how many wins total there has been in each difficulty?

The events are not specific to a player, it is just global data as far as I understand how events works. Like the total amount of wins and loses there has been for each difficulty :-)

2 answers to this question

Interesting question. At first, I would like to say that you have to inform players that your game collects some info during process.

But in the same time, there is nothing inside these user data - it's like a leaderboard but anonymous. By consequence, I don't know...

If you take a look at the request from GooglePlay, we read those lines :

Google Play requires developers to provide a valid privacy policy when the app requests or handles sensitive user or device information.

Your app requests sensitive permissions (e.g. camera, microphone, accounts, contacts, or phone) or user data, but does not include a valid privacy policy (bla bla bla)...

According what I read I think that you have not to include a privacy policy because you are not collecting sensitive user information - only a winner/looser state.

However, I am not an expert in laws. The best you can do - ask them directly ++

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the help :-) I'll try to contact them and hopefully it won't take long for them to answer :-P