This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

armedunity.com uses cookies to improve user experience.

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer.

Sign in to follow this  
TRCGamez

Kinda lost

Where to go  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Where to go

• Futuristic TPS
    • Racing game
    • Modern FPS

Question

Posted (edited)

I don't know where to go between FPS racing game TPS. So I need help.  In the poll tell me what you want, and that will be my main focus. I know this is out of the blue but I'm very confused and want to continue my programming journey. All of the options above are things I have worked on before. Many thanks

Edited by TRCGamez

7 answers to this question

Aside from the Racing Game, it is best to build something that you enjoy in the progress. I've also experienced stepping into the crater but when you go out and get an idea like "Yeah let's make a fun FPS where you mindlessly destroy enemies" then it's a good start. :) Something to keep in mind is that practice and doing fun stuff can bring you a long way. 😛 Sure it doesn't have to be the best from the start. That's the meaning behind development lol. Creating things spontaneously like your "speedbuild" can cause people to like your work. Sometimes even unexpected. :d

I think you need a short break and think it over like "Hm, what would be cool to create". It helped me before and I'm pretty sure you can do it too!

Yeah. I've written down everything I want in my racing game. I've come very far with it as I have created a menu and other physics. I enjoy the racing game, but I love FPS games. My problem is is that it just seems like what everybody is doing nowadays, and I don't want to feel generic. What I would like to do in my game development journey is rid of the editorial bias against Unity by showing it can make good graphics.

I have not worked on my ideas if to do a modern FPS but have thought through thoroughly the TPS and racing game. Very confused. 

Posted (edited)

I will probably go with modern fps as the main game and racing game on the side. I originally thought of the tps game as not of a game but a book (I love books and writing) so my countless ideas will not go to waste. Make your votes now, locking this topic soon.

Edited by TRCGamez
lol "speedbuild"

Just don't plan too much with them and you will be fine with any, I suggest avoiding making an FPS, because its honestly too stale and boring

Head to the tracks, problem solved:YMPEACE:
@giltine528 good point actually

And above all I wish you the best of luck TRCGamez!

@giltine528 and @Blockfighter298thanks for the advice. I would like to do an FPS but have spent to much time on my car game. However, I will continue to do speed builds and short mini-games along the way to improve my skills.

Many thanks!

Ps: anyone knows how to change my username? I want to change it to ModernistTT

• Like 1