This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

armedunity.com uses cookies to improve user experience.

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer.

Sign in to follow this  
Logystone

The Future of Unity!

Hello everyone.

My name is Mohammad Nazzal i'm 18 Years old and have 3 years experience of Unity3D Engine. however after a week i will start university.

Today i met my cousin who studied Software engineering and working in a big company and he knows a lot about the trending games and the engines used in that game, So i asked him "Is Unity3D Game engine worth working on it after the university like a job ?", he said "No" then he told me "tell me about the trending games right now like fortnite , PUBG ..ETC, they are all using Unreal engine" and if you want to get a game development job you should learn Unreal engine instead of Unity3D so you could work in Triple-A Studios ..

and honestly i don't know what to do with my unity projects, c# experience ...etc

any help,Critics ?

guys be serious with the answer and forget the domain "ArmedUnity" :) 

Edited by Logystone

Bullshit!

Respectfully I understand what meant your cousin, but honestly I have a doubt about his skill regarding this question. I could argue a few hours with you, but I prefer only quote some games which are good - and bankable - if you think that you need money developing your own projects : SuperHot, FireWatch, LayersOfFear, CupHead, TheRoom, MonumentValley, BroForce, Poney Island, SolarGun, Inside, HandOfFaith, Endless Space2, SubNautica, and more more more. I played almost all games which I quoted previously - and they are really good - better than some sh** which had been released using Unreal Engine 😕

Maybe Unity is not the best, the most beautiful, efficient or something else  - OK (I don't agree), but it is not the least. I cannot imagine myself working on another engine. Take a look at the link below and you can see that many interesting games ($$$) have been developed under Unity. Considering all efforts that the Unity team does today so as to increase quality and power of their engine, I guess that the future will be amazing for Unity and its community ++

Please login or register to see this link.

• Like 3

Thank you bro ❤️, Honestly i totally agree with you but just want to ask this question...  even i can't see myself working on another game engine.

Mohammed, making games is not about trending. Which mean, you should not care much about who is in the top right now. Unity engine is really great and have great features for games and apps also. It 's all about you and what you going to present. Skyrim made by engine call "GameBRYO", take a look at it and compare it with unity3d. For money, This industry is growing day by day and getting better than both movie and music industry.  I don't think your cousin is had good knowledge about game devs. Tell us after three years with unity, what you could make?

• Like 1

Don't want to sound like a unity fanboy, but Unreal Engine is so bad when it comes to load times, i can find a wife and get two kids until my game loads if its on hdd.

It also frustrating that its not very friendly when it comes to minimizing the application.

Unity is not going anywhere, its a great platform for starters and indie companies and imo indie companies often produce better quality games than some triple A games.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Please login or register to see this quote.

:)

• Like 1

Cities skylines who is such a complex and content filled game is also made in unity. Engine doesn't mean anything. I mean look at valve and their source engine games. They all contain closed areas because engine is designed to have rooms, even outside areas are rooms. Then look what Respawn did with source engine. Titanfall 2 is still a stunning game and apex is open just like any unreal engine game. 

It's all about the developer how they execute the idea. 

Unity engine has evolved way too much since I started using it. The features they brought are up to standards. 

And its not from epic games, who are in eyes of whole gaming community for having bad business decisions. 

And unity ain't owned by tencent. 

• Thanks 1