This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

armedunity.com uses cookies to improve user experience.

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer.

Sign in to follow this  
UnicornPotato

StarWars/For Honor Type Game

Wasn't really sure whether to put this in discussion or showcase since I've made some progress on it...But anyways I really like Star Wars and For Honor and was like why not put them together.  This is by no means near finished since the walking anim is still a little wacky and the saber fighting is too close but I'm uploading a part 2 in the future where that stuff should be fixed.  Let me know what you guys think of the concept/add feedback on what you'd like to see.

I've already added correct saber hit sounds but that's not in this video.   Also the map may change a little cause its not Star Wars enough right now. Enjoy 😄

- SKIP about 3/4 through if you want to go straight to the fighting

Edited by UnicornPotato
  • Like 1

Really interesting. Nice aesthetic. There is here a good potential. However I would like to ask you about something which could offend you (sorry) - this is not my will. Why are you wasting so many time and energy, developing a game, which you cannot sell because you have no copyright? Maybe you don't want to sell something and you are developing this project as a fan. Clearly you have skill so as to do something good. Respectfully why don't you want to create your own game? I wish you the best ++

• Like 2

Please login or register to see this quote.

Geckoo has a point here. Its got great potential but can get you some trouble lol. If this is nothing more then just a fan project then you can ignore what I'm gonna say next.

Just some constructive criticism; It's probably in your best interest to drop the star wars idea.

The For Honor inspiration can be justified and I would stick closer to that. Give it the open world that For Honor is missing (I know this is no easy task), build on the inventory system, add some civilians and vendors around the city, and develop a story. Personally I think that's the best use of your potential.

• Like 1

It's meant to be a fan project since I am well aware that EA has a copyright to Star Wars games.  I may switch to something more generic like plain sword fighting if I want to make the game commercially available.  Thanks for the concern though I appreciate it.

• Like 1

You did an amazing work. I hope that you can reach your dream - whether creating a commercial game or working on those universes which you like...

I wish you the best developing your project. Show us some progress regularly - and have fun ++

• Like 1