This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

armedunity.com uses cookies to improve user experience.

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer.

Sign in to follow this  
Maggedelle

Photon Network Problem

Question

Hey guys, i have a werid problem. My Photon Network game keeps disconnecting, after being in game in like 15-20 seconds. Everytime. And for what i see, i don't really send that many messages. It just makes no sense to mee.

The Editor get this error in the log: either connect to photon or use offline mode!

6 answers to this question

@OneManArmy

So i can see that this error might mean that i send too much? But i just don't understand that.. I only have 2 players connected, and there isn't really THAT much going on..

Seems that error is simply result of disconnect.
Create topic in photonengine forum and show this warning.

Seems like i found the solution myself hehe. I was sending too many messages. I looked through my code, and it suddenly hitted me why. In my game i have up to 15 AIs at the time, and they were all updating their target across the network all the time in the update function. So thats a huge amount of messages of cause. I changed the update target function to a more "network friendly" function, and it seems to be running great for now at least. 

Thank you.