This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

armedunity.com uses cookies to improve user experience.

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer.

Sign in to follow this  
Zac_

Creating your own website (Made Easy, HTML)

Hey guys, i just finished a really quick youtube tutorial series, based upon creating your very own website.  We program it from scratch, then upload it to an online domain & go through customising & adding different features.  Tutorials go for about 10 minutes all together, then you have a fully functional website of your own!  Thanks for taking an interest, hope yous get something from it & enjoy!

A free and easier way of doing this would be using Pages supported by whatever git service you use. For example, I use Gitlab and Jekyll for my website Please login or register to see this link.

In visual studio code I save my work and push to gitlab. All  of my sass and website is compiled with jekyll and sent to the gitlab "host".

Also, all of that should've been 1 video.. Good work, just a little outdated.

Disclaimer: Our company does have a working relationship with AWS but this post is not paid for/sponsored by or otherwise interfered with by Amazon.

An alternative to WhyHerro's response is to use Please login or register to see this link.  for static web hosting (its free tier eligible too) and buy a $0.99 domain from Please login or register to see this link.  for the year, switch out the name servers with a route 53 hosting zone (or transfer to route53 directly for $12) and boom, you have a highly scalable, cloud based website with your own domain for $1. Amazon also comes with out of the box products like email, health checks, DNS services and reverse proxies all included in their free tier (which other providers simply dont offer or charge a small fortune for... I've actually seen a registrar charge $15 per email account, do they know no shame!?) 

Amazon is also a good choice as if you ever need object storage for a multiplayer game you are working on or other side projects, you have experience with S3 or if you get into web development or need a CMS like wordpress, you can fire up an EB application and keep all your web stuff under one roof.

There is no denying github pages is awesome and their integration with Namecheap specifically is spectacular but you are tied to their limits and Amazon offers a better platform for expansion.