This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

armedunity.com uses cookies to improve user experience.

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer.

Sign in to follow this  
fpsarmedunity

help with granade script port fpskit

Question

Hi I'm trying to import the grenade script from fpskit 1.3.5 c# version to my template based on fpskit 1.6

i successefully ported the melee script andall works fine (even thanks to TheMars2011 help) 

but now with GrenadeScript i have some issue since weapon i correcly picked up and drawn onscreen but animations doesnt play and i get an erro on console related to this line of code

weaponAnim.GetComponent<Animation>()[grenadePull].wrapMode = WrapMode.ClampForever;

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
GrenadeScriptOrig.Start () (at Assets/FPSKIT135/Meshes/grenadeOLDstyle/GrenadeScriptOrig.cs:39)

here the script

Please login or register to see this code.

any hint about that?

3 answers to this question

replace:

with public Animation anim;

and:

with anim.****

Assign animation component and make sure all animations are assigned.

yes i figuret it after i asked lol.. btw now correct animations and acorrect referernces are assigned and i dont  console any error , weapon is correcly picked up and i' able to drop it too ect. anims plays correcly and all works fine.. my only problem is due to the fact that if player take one grenade gameobject and after try to ppicked up others grenades player get message that weapon is already equipped... even if player consumed all grenades it has...

i modified the wpeaon manager script to tell if there is a grenade equipeed (SetElement 6) player can take the amount of ammo specified into pickup scritp but something went wrong and player is not able to take othr grenades after first..

No one can help me

my only BIG issue is that if player pickup a grenade and after tries to pickup another grenade i got the messeage "weapon already equipped" and obviusly this is not supposed to work this way..

So i wathced the code into  fpskt 1.3.5 converted in c# some years ago and found the lines of coed i need to add in weapon manager

and this

and accordly added the "StickGrenades"  field in my pickup script this way

So i wathced the code into your fpskt 1.3.5 you converted in c# some years ago and found the lines of coed i need to add in weapon manager

and accordly added the "StickGrenades"  field in my pickup script this way

and now i got some results since player can pickup the correct grenade amount specified into pickup scirpt but i have always the old issue related to the "weapon already equipped"

i saw in a old fpskit project i found on internet (but it was JS) named ultimate survivor 2016 that this system works correcly since developer added several type of greandes/throwables and the code is the same but JS obviusly

can please someone try to help me.. i cound pay if necessary..

bests