This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

armedunity.com uses cookies to improve user experience.

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer.

themars2011

Can someone help me fix orientation on a few models?

Question

Hey guys,

I need some help from a modeller. The Asset Store became really nitpicky and wants me to "FIX" orientation on some of the models in my kit. It's just six models that are apparently not aligned correctly with the axis (Z forward, Y up and X right). Some of them are flipped like -Z is forward (ridiculous, I know). My bullet model faces upwards and it's not good for them. I really hate this new way they are handling it. I even had to create unnecessary prefabs for some meshes that are absolutely useless, but they wanted me to.

If someone helps me real quick and properly I might give that person a voucher for my kit on the asset store (:

Thanks

3 answers to this question

Just open blender. Select your object, go into edit mode and press "a" to select all the vertices. Then press, for instance to rotate on 180 on the vertical axis, "r" then "z" (z is unitys y, y is unitys z) then "180" and hit enter. Change in edit mode, not object mode. Really simple. Just saying how to do it bc I'm currently short on time and can't do it myself

Please login or register to see this quote.

Alright, I'll try. Let's hope it doesn't mess up the scale! Happens to me a lot, dunno why

Your most likely changing the pivot by accident sometimes and it's throwing everything off. By left clicking, your anchor changes and therefor throwing off the pivot. Please login or register to see this link.  I always have mine set to "median point" which makes every scale, move and rotate from the middle of the selection vs from the anchor point. If you want to rotate everything around a point (like rotating around a parent in unity), you use 3d cursor instead and just place it where you want to rotate around at.

heres a common shortcut cheat sheet:

a = select all

z = toggle wire frame

g = move

r = rotate

s = scale

b = box select

when using g, r or s you can then press x, y or z and type in the value you want to rotate, scale or translate by. Just those 6 hot keys will get you around blender quite easily. Just remember, always manipulate in edit mode, NOT object mode. Object mode does not change any vertice locations, only changes the transforms values, which is exactly the same thing as just changing transform values in unity, which is not what you want.