This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

armedunity.com uses cookies to improve user experience.

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer.

Hey everyone!

Its been a little bit since I've posted and that's because I've been working on a cartoonish/low-poly shipyards asset.  It finally got approved and released on the asset store so I would be honored if you wanted to check it out!

Store Page - Please login or register to see this link.

Showcase Video - 

-Features-
Buildings
- 2 Storage houses
- 1 Loading house
- 1 Bridge
- 1 Warehouse
Vehicles
- 1 Aircraft carrier
- 1 Jet
- 2 Trucks
- 1 Forklift
- 1 Trailer
- 1 Barge
- 1 Train
Props
- 1 Barrel
- 1 Cardboard box
- 1 Chain link fence
- 1 Crane
- 6 different shipping containers
- 1 Dirt pile
- 1 Rock debris
- 1 Electrical Box
- 2 fence types
- 1 Radio tower
- 1 Road block
- 1 Sand crate
- 2 signs
Evironment
- 1 Tree
- 1 Bush

- Slap Chicken Games 2018

• Like 1

is it legal?
yes, you can sell "assets" and for demonstration you can show what can be made with your assets,

but your package contains 1:1 BF3 map layout and there will be buyers who will use this map in their games.

• Like 1

Good point.  Its more of a map pack I guess :P.  The people who reviewed it must not have had a problem with it since I haven't seen anything in my research saying it's illegal to make a similar map.  Will keep in mind. 

Edited by UnicornPotato

Only because asset was accepted by asset store, doesn't mean that everything is fine with asset.

How "people who reviewed it" can know that map layout is from some game?
You are not providing information that map layout is from game BF3.

@UnityGamesRoland So, you can copy any map from any game?

also wtf "just because your map happens to look the same"? :d You don't see that map layout is 1:1 copied?

Please login or register to see this quote.

It's remade. Similar but not exactly the same. As soon as one detail is missing or different, then it is different right?

Also the docks are just part of Noshahr Canals. You can say that this is heavily inspired by that part of the map but then again, it is not the same.

• Like 1

If what you are saying is true, then level designers can't sue anyone for stealing their work.

Anyone can "redone", by copying map and putting poop in the middle, because same map, but with the poop in the middle will be "different" right?

Or even poop is not required? Simply "redone" and claim that map is made by you.

Good work on the assets. But I agree with Oma, def immoral and simply asking for trouble ripping a map (yes map ripping bc it's the same map, different models). It's a shame bc all that time and effort could've went on something unique and less iffy. Would've gotten more of an applaud than a head shake. Good work tho

• Like 1

Honestly it started out as a personal project and I just didn't have any time to make it into a little side game.  It's meant to be a "demo" level but I understand that people will probably use it in their games.  It might be more of an issue if someone tries to make a full on commercial game with the exact level at which point they can easily make a different one since all the assets are individual.  Thanks for feedback :d