This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

armedunity.com uses cookies to improve user experience.

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer.

geckoo

Bugs after upgrading Unity

Question

Hello fellows. I have a big big big problem which I guess many of you have encountered in the past. Do you remember my project in which player can play with gravity, walking on roof and walls, etc? It worked fine - until I upgrade my Unity version. All has been done under v5.3, but nothing works under the latest 2018 version. Of course, there is no alert message - no error in inspector - nothing which could be useful, helping me a little bit. It's just really embarassing. I assume that raycast which I use doesn't work anymore, but for an unknow reason. The custom character controller is just motionless - even unable to walk. Obviously they did some minor changes on the physics or something else, but I have no clue how I can fix it. My question is simple - have you noticed something, upgrading your projects? Have you an idea or a tip which could give me a key issue for reflexion? The worst case, I will downgrading my Unity version, but it will be a little bit frustrating. Thank you for your advises. Have a nice day ++

9 answers to this question

Maybe you should recreate the project files. Like, keep the assets and project sittings and delete everything else and then open in unity and let it to create the needed files

Edited by bgs2k

well what i would suggest you to do is to check for changes they made here: Please login or register to see this link.  (this is the version the project was still working) and go through every release since then and check for changes that could affect your project... i know kind of tedious process but i think youll be able to find and fix everything within 1-2h 

Good Luck :) like the project ( Y ) 

I suggest going from 5.3 to last 5.x then to 2017.1 then to 2017.4 and then to 2018.

Years ago I did the same with premium fps kit 0.7 I think (I think it was from unity 3 to unity 5 and going there directly didn't work either).

Please login or register to see this quote.

yeah, I know this feeling :(.

Look, before it happens to me when upgrade my unity version. To solve this I worked on every script I wrote and check it step by step.

Good look man. you got yourself long night today.

Please login or register to see this quote.

In fact I use 6 raycast (forward, backward, right, left, up, down) which start from a sphere and the shortest contact sets the new gravity. Any idea?

Thanks. However do you think, working as expected on Unity 5.3, it doesn't work anymore on v2018? Strange ++

Installing the latest Unity version 2018.2.7 which has been released a few days ago, all works fine excepted one shader.

I don't know what it means but I am very happy ++

• Like 1
  • Haha 1