This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

armedunity.com uses cookies to improve user experience.

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer.

Sign in to follow this  
RanBowJet

Character Avatar - Help

Question

Hello armedunity forum, I have a short question to the character/player avatar.

I have one rigged legacy character with legacy animations, the char & anim's working perfect. But the char doesn't have a fbx, only single mesh. So I'm not able to generate a Avatar, and I can't convert the character to a mecanim character without avatar. I have only the prefab in my scene and the single mesh in my asset folder. So I wan't to make the character playable with mecanim animations.

My question is, is there a way to fix this problem?

Picture from my rigged character .prefab in the scene:

Unbenannt.jpg

2 answers to this question

Select the character mesh (in the Project window, not in the Hierarchy). In the Inspector you will see the import settings, open the Rig tab and set animation type to Generic/Humanoid. Now you can choose if you want to create an avatar from this model or copy from another.

Btw an fbx file is a mesh, just like a .obj, .blend, etc... Just like an image, it can be a .png, .jpg and so on.

Please login or register to see this quote.

Thanks for your answer, my character don't have any .fbx, .obj etc format files, all the meshes are .asset files. Because I'm using a character creator tool, there export the daz character meshe's as unity .asset files & it put the character as a .prefab in a unity scene. So I have only the .asset meshes, textures, animation's & the prefab in the scene.

Is there a way to use the rigged prefab character as a mecanim player?