This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

armedunity.com uses cookies to improve user experience.

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer.

Sign in to follow this  
UnityGamesRoland

Resolution Scaling in Unity?

Question

Most of the games include this option nowadays and it is a really good option for people who struggle to run games with high fps.

I've only found Please login or register to see this link.  but this doesn't seem to work, or at least I dont see any difference. (Yes I checked, it doesnt work in the standalone build of the game either)

So is it possible to adjust the resolution scaling somehow?

Thanks in advance!

6 answers to this question

Please login or register to see this quote.

I dont see anything related to resolution scaling. Just to make it clear, I'm not talking about changing the screen resolution (1920x1080 to 1280x1024 for example).

There is an option in most games that allows you to reduce or increase the resolution the game rendered at. (It's called "Frame Scaling" in GTA5 I believe.)

Edited by UnityGamesRoland

Edit to make it shorter: Look again at the static functions, it has nothing to do with resolution, it has to do with the quality level.

I can increase / decrease the quality level yay. The only "problem" is that I have an options menu hooked up with all the settings that I need (like texture quality, anti-aliasing, etc.) so I pretty much have one quality level (Custom) and that's all.

I see there is the applyExpensiveChanges paramater, but changing the anti-aliasing is already working so it has nothing to do with my issue. :|

Is it possible that resolutionScalingFixedDPIFactor is actually not that simple to use then I expected? Based on the documentation, I thought it would work like this:

A value of 1 = 100% resolution, 0.5 = 50% resolution which would be half the amount of "pixels" rendered (I can't find a better word for it atm).

Edited by UnityGamesRoland

Honestly I have no idea what that does, I've never messed with it and reading it I come to the same conclusion, that it's a dividend and should cut "something" in half if set to 0.5. Even searching "fixed dpi unity" doesn't even get me close to understanding what the hell it even is. No big talks or conversions so it must be something I wouldn't care about anyways.

but I did see in an artical that it's fixed in u2018.2 it must be broken in previous versions. So make sure your using 2018.2

Please login or register to see this quote.

That's different, they updated the rendering of the fonts in the engine. They were blurry and low res on high dpi monitors.

Back to this resolution scaling thing, I wanted to make it so that I can make the game run exclusively in Borderless Fullscreen, while having the resolution scaling for people who may struggle to get high frames.