This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

armedunity.com uses cookies to improve user experience.

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer.

Chry1991

DownFall - The Lost City

Hello guys

i'm writing in this forum to show up our game that will be release on 2019.

here our website that show all the info.

Please login or register to see this link.

if you like the project you can donate us what you want to help our game devs to buy the development licenses and website domain :)

Thanks for all.

Cheers

• Like 1

Please login or register to see this quote.

Just some advice:

000webhost is not a good place to host a website. It has improved a bit over the past couple of years but I wouldn't trust them. I've used them before and had bad experiences. At first everything is fine but if your site recieves too much traffic they'll just delete it and remove your account and there is literally nothing you can do. Just google for some reviews of them and you'll see what i mean.

If you want a good free host I'd advise using Google App Engine (but their databases aren't free). If you are a student you could use Microsoft Azure (my favourite of them all) it might come with free SQL for students. If not and you need free databases try OpenShift Online. It is a bit of learning curve but great when you've got the hang of it.

You can keep using 000webhost if you want but if something goes wrong you'll have to change the url of your project and host elsewhere. Trying to find all the links to your website and change them won't be easy further down the line so I'd advise doing it now.

I have the same experience with 000webhost. My account was removed without any notifications.

So why is there a picture of the game "Nether" in the website?

Nice earrape btw thanks

Edited by UnityGamesRoland
  • Haha 1

i think the web programmer is waiting for the image of the game, so he has searched an image in google.

i think i'll kill him :d 

so we need to buy a new domain as soon as possible.

so we need crowfounding :)

yeah, domains in these days are soooooooooo expensive...
seriously? you will start crowdfunding? just ask 10$ your mom :d

• Haha 2

I  shed a tear for op.

• Haha 1

Look... you're making a game that has already been made before... what's so unique about that?

The reason I say unique is because that's what you should aim for in the 'indie' game community, not mainstream 'zombie' 'shooter'. Perhaps you should reconsider your whole '2019' plan for this 'one' game, you have big vision but no plan: start planning. 

Also, rule number one about donations: when people donate to a project they like, they also donate to a 'team' they like and trust. Your website isn't professional (looks good until you read it) 

I think you shouldn't kill your web developer, but become a game developer by the same way you probably made a website when you were younger: You LEARN before you EARN. Trust me, people are more likely to help you and be nicer to you if you show you're in a 'learning' stage, rather than a 'money-stealing let's make a AAA-game and get rich quick' stage (unless you're talented enough to know and prove what you're doing).

Why are you making zombie survival fps shooter in the first place? Money? Fame? Don't do this. You should get more creative, artistic, that's what 'game creation' is all about. Look at this video about Please login or register to see this link. , can you see a single FPS in there? NO (unless your OneManArmy :)), because it requires too many assets or too much code to be a 'one man army'. Hence why you got a FPS kit... This is where the 'planning' part comes in.

You're not the only one like this, there are hundreds, if not thousands (by the number of downloads of kits) and I'm even wondering why there are these kit... it's a humiliating trap for beginners made only because it attracts people to this forum (ehem...). The only guy who had 'some' success out of fps kits is Please login or register to see this link.  who cloned armedunity and the fps kit: the forum you're on now. It's business, not education.

Being in a 'game development community' is important nevertheless, since you learn from others. There are quite a few people on this forum that are seriously talented, some helpful enough to release tips and tricks to further improve abilities for any game developer.

Another tip is to stay simple, even if it doesn't look like much, focus on getting those fun elements the way YOU want them to be. Make it personal and get attached to it. Fall in love with it if you have to, and most importantly, don't care what others think.

Please, I hope I'm not wasting my time writing this for you guys to hate me. I know your English isn't perfect (from your 'professional' website) but I hope you understand what I'm saying. If not, I am open to a friendly chat, skype, discord or email.

As I said before, first you learn then you earn.

Hello everybody

i'm in a team.

I have a bachelor and i'm a programmer in my life.

In my company i do applications client-server in Java, and in this project i'll do the server side part with smartfox server and Database side.

Other guys are working on the game with unity 3D and create ambientation etc.

This is not my work now.

The website was maded from a student that wants to collaborate at the project.

I think he used a free domain because he doesen't have a domain.

We are not croufounding, if someone wants can donate us something .

Crowfounding actions starts when project is finished.

How many battle royale do you know with zombies and destroyed cities?

pubg is not the same, fortnite is another type of game, h1z1 is similar??

Thanks to all for the response

Hello everybody, my name is Daniel and I'm one of the game developer, the game will be a battle Royale and, as someone said, it couldn't be something new to make, but i can say that the gameplay will be something new.
 I can't say anything else at the moment, I'm working on the map and as soon as i can i want to make a video with a short gameplay :) !
I want to thank you for the advice about the game and the website, I'm a university student and I'm so busy at the moment because I have some exam to pass, so I'll work on the game when I'll have time ( that doesn't mean that I'll work less than before).
This evening I'll change something on the website, like all the descriptions, my English level is quite good ;) ( I'm not the web developer but I know something about it) .
Thanks for telling us about 000webhost, we will change it as soon as we can.

Last thing I want to mention is about the reasons why we are making this game (I can speak for myself), I don't really care about money, I want to make something that people can enjoy playing, I'm doing this for me, to improve my programming skills and to become, one day, a famous game developer!
That's my first game ever, so be patient I'll do my best and remember, every advice is gold for us (just don't be so rude with us :d ).

are you serious? You have never downloaded kit (any kit)?
you don't think that kits are great source to learn from?

"humiliating trap for beginners" and how do you think, who usually get in this trap?
beginners who want money/fame really quick. They will never be game developers anyway...

They have motivation on 2 weeks - to download kit, replace terrain and publish "game" somewhere.

"made only because it attracts people to this forum" not only, but it's one of reasons...
am i doing something wrong/bad?

hello guys today we have bought the new domain.

As soon as possibile i post the new website with the new domain.

hello everybody

here the new domain of the website.

Something like mailer is in construction.

www.downfallthelostcity.com

The game does come across to me as being 'another fps'. As MyIsaak said you are going to need something unique that makes it stand out. I don't see anything unique when looking at it on your website as it just looks like a slightly adjusted fps kit. In my eyes you have spent money on a website for a game where the game design hasn't reallly gone beyond planning stages. That is just wasting money, you shouldn't even be thinking about a website and advertising when your game is in the state it is.

But ignoring the game, I see you are hosting the website with aruba now. Aruba is much better than 000webhost but you still might have a few issues. I haven't used it myself but apparently speed isn't that great.

It is also good to see you've got your own domain and SSL. I'd suggest you setup your site to automatically redirect from http to https for security and make sure you are using https in any links you share to it.

To summarize: website is looking good, game isn't

now we're working on step...

The videos of the game are only demos...

Now i'm working with SSL to set up the https and other functions of the website.

When i have another update i post here the news.

Thanks to all for the suggestions.

Thanks for replying, the videos are old, we aren't making a new one because we are working on the map, when I'll finish the map I'll  start working on weapons, I don't want to use the fps kit, I want to make a new one but first of all I need to learn from it :) be patient, you can't say if the game is good or not if we didn't upload a gameplay video :D.
My idea of the game is still in my mind, and I can say that I've never seen a game like that, be patient my friend ^^, if you have questions write me all you want to know!

P.S : this week we will upload 2-3 photos of the map and 1-2 photo of the main menu.

• Like 1

I want to share with all of you the work we have made for the main menu (just for now, it's still work in progress), this will be the main menu, we are working on it and any advice is welcome here :)

Please login or register to see this attachment.