This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

armedunity.com uses cookies to improve user experience.

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer.

MyIsaak

Procedural Animations

Have you guys seen this made by Please login or register to see this link. ?

YearlyFatalFireant-size_restricted.gif

This is what good game design like:

- Element of fear/thrill (important)

- Dynamic IK movement

- Procedural (scripted) animations

- Camera shaking (motion blur)

- Destructable environment

- (no sound? but imagine what it would be like with sound)

The creator said he'll release a public demo soon so I recommend you follow his twitter: Please login or register to see this link.

He also previously posted a similar demo:

PettyOrnateAngwantibo-size_restricted.gi

All Please login or register to see this link. :)

• Like 4

I think its only the monster that uses procedural animations and not the player controller.

From the look of it I expect he is using some clever physics based controller and potentially machine learning.

If you are interested take a look at DeepMotion Avatar:

Please login or register to see this link.

Its currently in alpha and you can sign up to be an alpha tester on their website. I am an alpha tester for it but haven't had time to test it yet.

I saw this tweet recently, but I thought that it was a demo on UE. Great animations ++

Please login or register to see this quote.

The physics-based character in the link you provided looks interesting, however I asked him for some pointers which he replied he DIDN'T use any assets at all: talent or fraud?

Tfkpv0O.png

So I checkout Please login or register to see this link. and a few of his posts, and he simply uses a IK rig and Bezier curves for his leg animations. His Please login or register to see this link. explains how he did it, with learning resources.

Please login or register to see this quote.

Thanks for the links! I'll take a look.

Slightly unrelated but I've been looking at this Unreal engine 3rd person controller recently:

It is mainly animation based and physics don't contribute much. But the curves do take over for some things like transitions, rotations and foot placement. I've never seen anyone make a controller that smooth in Unity before. Nothing on the Asset Store can match it. Seems like a good challenge to try and reproduce it in Unity :)

• Like 3

Quickly- I have no time today - it could be interesting for you to read some articles which have been written by Alan Zuconni about procedural animation.

Please login or register to see this link.

• Like 1

I know that is an old post, but now I am too searching some information about procedural animation for biped. I understand the main principe taking a look at the Please login or register to see this link. , but I am wondering how to compute steps - the place where the foot must hit the ground - and hinge joint does the work. Do you thing that I could just use a raycast to check what is below the foot or maybe there is another way which could be more efficient? If you had found something interesting about procedural animation, I will really appreciate any help. I spent many time, but I did not find any article or code really relevant and my attempts are not good - too basical. Thank you ++