This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

armedunity.com uses cookies to improve user experience.

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer.

DarkC0der

How to make 3rd person view for the fps game?

Question

Hello everyone, first of all sorry for my english. Recently I have started creating an fps shooter game. Till now I have got a pretty good weapon handling, damaging system, but I don't know how to handle the 3rd person view (enemy view). Now I have got only an animated fps weapon with arms only, but how to make so that you can view other players full body ? And how do you sync your first person animations with third person view ?. I want exactly the counter strikes mechanics. Any suggestions ? 

2 answers to this question

If you don't know something as small as networking a third person skin than you might want to following along with some networking tutorials that focus on the solution you'll be working with. But in a general sense:

//enabling and disabling meshes

if(view.isMine) disable(tpSkin);

else disable(fpSkin);

If you name the fps animations the same as the tps animations, just change which animation component your using in if(view.isMine), otherwise you can either sync the animation state in the solution SyncView function or you can add a ton of isMine checks to determine which animation component/animation that needs to play. But it is all just general because all solutions have different ways of handling things and animation/animator components are used differently. Everything depends on what your using and how your project is setup

Please login or register to see this code.

So if it's true, you show arm and weapon (you). Then if it's false, you show body (other players) ++

You can find all needed information at this page :

Please login or register to see this link.