This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

armedunity.com uses cookies to improve user experience.

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer.

Sign in to follow this  
OcularCash

Simple 2 Day FPS

So I wanted to spend the weekend digging into Unity's navigational meshes. I haven't dealt with them much and I will be using them on my current game here soon so I thought, wth, I'll just make a really quick shooter game using some of the models from my game to get used to it. Don't expect anything impressive by anymeans, it's a 2 day project from scratch. Just thought you all will like it. Deathmatch to 15, ai only attacks you. Infinite ammo for both the player and ai. Game download is underneath all the last screenshot. Don't mind the shadows and what not tho, I made this to figure out unitys navigational system, not for any other reason.

If you want the source, you can find it here: Please login or register to see this link.  If you just want to play it, you can find the download link underneath the screenshots.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

• Like 3

Not bad. I'm about to start working on the AI for my game as well, but I'm struggling on the concept of how could the shooting AI work :/

• Thanks 1

Thanks guys. My ai shooting mechanics in this was very unconventional. I actually didn't use raycasts or bullet objects or anything at all besides a single Float value. Since the ai already has sightline to the player and knows whether or not it can see the player, I just randomized a value by distance and if that value is higher than 0.8, then it's a hit.

i did come across some issues with the pathfinding tho. I use the same spawn code for each ai/player that is in each corner of the map and is not supposed to spawn in areas that contains another ai/player. Player spawns great, but for ai, for some reason when I tell it to transform it's position to a spawn location, it forces along the path somewhere causing it to spawn in a random location around the map and ignoring all the code that was fed to it. Another issue is ai just never stopping unless I feed code to the agent that turns off the speed. You can notice these issues when playing. But other than that, learning unitys Nav system went well

It's good I came across those problems tho so I can dig into them before adding nav to my actual game

• Like 1

Please login or register to see this quote.

These issues dont seem hard to fix, especially for someone as experienced as you, dont think you'll have any real issues. 

If you wanted to you could make a fun full featured arcade shooter like this.

• Thanks 1

Oh man I like this style, there's just something about this art style I like so much. So simplistic, yet so amazing, and it feels so smooth too. Even if this was just made to learn about the navmesh system, it is still a pretty fun game :)

• Thanks 1