This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

armedunity.com uses cookies to improve user experience.

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer.

Sign in to follow this  
eBigBoss

How to make tank tracks move in unity?

Question

Hey all, i just wanted to ask how is it possible to have a dynamic tank track/treads in unity with all animations and sync to wheels and can have kind of a suspension system that affects the tracks and the wheels position from terrain (High-Low). How is it possible to do that? With scripting or animations in unity or making a rig in the 3d modeling program (Blender,3dsMax) , any help will be appreciated, thanks / Big Boss

9 answers to this question

Please login or register to see this quote.

Nobody want to spend hours to answer on your questions. Pick one question and specify what exactly you want to know.

you want something like this?

[youtubehd]

[/youtubehd]

Please be patient. Sorry that no one has replied yet. I understand what your after im just not sure this is possible without a lot of thinking. have you tired on the Unity Forums?

Yeah something like this, if this is something difficult to do i might buy it from the asset store, i just wanted to know how its done apparently looks like from scripting. Isn't seem pretty hard thou, only 2 scripts. PlayerTracksController.cs and TankTracksController.cs .

I searched it on unity forums , lots of people posted topics about tank tracks but no body answered or didn't know how, so i thought i could try my chance here.

On the video the texture is changing or displacing. I'm sure in unity you can animate textures to change. And then they just have the wheels spinning around.