This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

armedunity.com uses cookies to improve user experience.

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer.

Sign in to follow this  
giltine528

Help with math a bit

So I got a bit confused with one of the math questions Ive got and idk how to approach it, Ill bring out my solution but Im guessing its wrong:

Problem:

Chemical liquid consists of 3 ingredients(a,b,c) which are defined as percentages, so for example a chemical liquid consists of materials a-50% b-20% c-30%.

Find out the new chemical liquids percentage expression if we pour the x% amount of selected ingredient to the current liquid. So for example if we pour 30% of "a" material into a liquid that consists of materials  a-50% b-20% c-30%

how will percentages change on these 3 values?

Im guessing you just go like:

50*1.3=65%

20*0.7=14%

30*0.7=21%

Thank you.

Edited by giltine528

I see nobody has replied to help so I'll atleast leave a comment... I have no f***ing clue lmao I never made it past pre algebra believe it or not. Had to teach myself math problems over the years. That's why I can't read formulas, only equations that directly affect game development

I think it's something like that. I've never done anything like this, but I'd assume a lot of ratio calculations are involved.