This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

armedunity.com uses cookies to improve user experience.

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer.

Sign in to follow this  
bgs2k

Shader Problem

Question

Hello, so i wrote a shader that act like the legacy shader/decal but contains 3 texture :

Please login or register to see this code.

So here with say to our shader, "hey, i have for u 3 textures", Now let put 3rd texture on top of 2nd , and both an top of 1st

Please login or register to see this code.

Ok, nice, very nice, but what its wrong, there's no texture on my cube :(. I have everything setup correctly. If its there any good souls that will help me again :D, please :), i'm tring to figure it out from yesterday, but maybe im not that smart, im giving up. No errors tho.

Edited by bgs2k

3 answers to this question

The problem was unity, i reinstalled it and work perfecly fine. No clue what happend tho.

Looks like your alpha math is off. From what it looks like, the issue is * (1 - t.a). If t.a is 1, then your alpha is multiplying it by 0, thus not showing any pixels 

Please login or register to see this quote.

here i calculate the final color between 2 point

if  t.a = 0 then final color is : color 1 * (1-0) + color 2 * 0 => color1;

if  t.a = 1 then final color is : color 1 * (1-1) + color 2 * 1 => color2;

if t.a = anywhere between then final color is : color 1 * (1-x) + color 2 * x => new color 3

it doesnt matter if i have a zero i will still have a color, but i tried using half4 and then lerp ( color1, color2, based on color2.a) that basically does the same thing, but didnt work at all. btw i just looked on the build in shader that unity provide us on site, decal work with main texture = fixed4, decal texture = half4, and then recalculate main with lerp, so ..., i dont thing that mathematical is a problem