This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

armedunity.com uses cookies to improve user experience.

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer.

UnityGamesRoland

Anyone remember the old Armed Unity?

As some of the old posts get 'active' again (that means some idiot argues that the file is deleted while its 4-5 years old), some of the memories come back from the time when I joined the community.

It was in October 17, 2013 when I just started out with unity4.

My only skilsl that I had then is placing objects in a terrain, and downloading scripts from here and there. Then I saw lots of people working on their own projects but with a lot more knowledge and dedication.

Nowadays, only a few people left from that community. Just in general unity has became the asset flippers game engine, and people who never enjoyed making games yet they call themselves 'developers'.

I'm not saying that the current community is shit, but I miss the one that I knew.

• Like 5

this community has gone so far. when I register with this account in September 14, 2013 (had 1 about a year older) everyone was so helpful, when I started working I had basic knowledge on programming in c++ and just throw models around the map. But people here took precious time from theirs to help me find solutions I needed on the scripts that I mostly downloaded from internet.

When I started I was no better or worse than these asset flippers nowadays, except I didn't make it to get profit. I just found cracked packages, put them in 1 project and call it my 'development' but this forum changed my mind, @SATORI @DaBossTMR @OneManArmy @themars2011 @OcularCash  @YoungDeveloperand few more which I cant remember changed my ideology about everything, not just about game development. 1 year after register here again I quit game development to follow programming studies and get advanced knowledge in 7 different programming languages (desktop, mobile, web development).

In this forum there are a lot of kids who remind me of my self 4-5 years ago. Trying to find shortcuts in everything they got, but what hurts me more is that there are a very few who can change their minds, since not many of the 'big guys' here do not enter a lot. 

I guess that we all agree that this website is going down, even tho it got a lot more posts and users than before, its going down from inactivity. 

I remember few years ago when I visited this forum just to see the total number of posts to go 40,000 and it is 110,336 and increasing while I'm writing this.

But the problem is not the number of posts, nor the solution. What made me never quit in this community are the people. 

• Like 5

The armedunity i knew was about some coders like oma, bibobib etc. XD and ocularcash posting some scripts and the rest just downloading the kit and ripping weapons from cod and counterstrike .... and now we have some very skilled developers and coders in our forums. And most of them try to help each other out by sharing assets, scripts or words of wisdom (especially ocularcash and oma thank you both for sharing a great kit to learn from and lending help to everyone who needs it) . So in short: I think were improving XD even tho. there are less members who are active -> quality > quantity 

• Like 1

I wouldn't go as far as to call it asset flippers engine haha. It seems like most people only get as far as the prototyping stage though. 

I joined when OMA posted the futuristic fps video, and I thought it was a kit haha. Then I realized it wasn't a kit, donated, and every day since then, I visit the forum just to read what people post. 

• Like 1

I'm here from February 19, 2012 and I have seen how many of you guys have grown and I got to say Congrats keep going. Anyway by these years I have learned a lot because of you guys and I want to say BIG THANK YOU for that knowledge which helped me be who I am today.

• Like 1

i think this somehow would fit to here XD some old resources: 

Cod kit texture pack: Please login or register to see this link.

Cod kit music from update videos: Please login or register to see this link.  

demo weapons used: Please login or register to see this link.  

most other resources where from Bootcamp and Third person shooter (I dont know if im allowed to share those)

hope those assets or whatever bring back some old memmories :)

tried to link the old videos of oma but wasnt able to find em XD ( Please login or register to see this link.  armedunity channel seems not active anymore)